↳ oooiii

🃏

THREE

——THE TRICKSTER

——THE TRICKSTER

A POOL OF ANXIETY SETTLED IN HER STOMACH WHEN SHE OPENED HER EYES, SLOWLY SITTING UP, ONLY TO JUMP BACK INTO THE COUCH (THE COUCH?) WHEN SHE SAW CEDRIC KNELT DOWN IN FRONT OF HER.

"C—Cedric?" She stammers, looking at him, frightened. She looked around, noticing she wasn't at Grimmauld. Instead, she was back home at the Stark household. "You're—You're. . . dead. . . "

"What are you talking about Lily?" He laughs. "I'm perfectly alive."

With a jolt, Effie looked at him, bewildered. She's never been called Lily before. Bloody hell, she stood up, pushing away from Cedric only to turn and find Pansy and her mum standing there.

They have these. . . these creepy as hell smiles on their faces, and what they were smiling for. . . Effie didn't want to find out. "No, leave me alone."

She ventured to the kitchen, the nearest room at the moment—but they followed her, and that caused her panic to spike up more. What the fuck is happening? What on earth is this?

"Effie," Pansy called, causing Effie to walk faster because she sounded close behind. "Effie, wait—"

Thoroughly overwhelmed, Effie proceeded on to the kitchen. They were running now, eager to follow her. Effie reached it first, her back facing them. Then they caught up.

        "Effie, Effie. . . "

       "Effie, let me explain. . . "

       "Lily—"

        Tears of frustration filled her eyes, grabbing the nearest knife from the knife block. They continued speaking, voices overlapping each other and it fueled her frustration that she thrusted it first into Cedric's torso, he keeled back, her mum looking at him in shock.

        "Effie, you're—" She stabbed her mum in the torso almost by instinct.

       "Effie—" Pansy tried to yell. She repeated the same notion—but they kept fucking speaking. They kept speaking and they wouldn't stop, a tear falling down her cheek. Why wouldn't they stop?