f i v e

"Faith, baby, please. Call me back," Faith listened to the eighth voicemail she had received just that hour. She knew the boys had made it back, and Castiel hadn't told them anything. 

She had only been gone from the bunker for a few hours and listened to her voicemails when she pulled over for gas. She stared down at the positive test, still not being able to process what was happening. 

"I don't know what I did, but please call me so we can work it out," Dean said in another voicemail. Faith didn't have any tears left, or she would have started crying again. Dean seriously thought that she was mad at him. Maybe it was better that way. 

"I don't know where you are, but I am coming to get you," He sent again. Faith dropped her head, knowing that running from the brothers was going to be next to impossible. But she was going to try. 

She pulled back onto the highway, deciding to drive for a couple more hours before stopping to rest. She pulled into the parking lot of an old motel and headed for a room after she paid. It was strange being here alone. She hadn't stayed in a motel by herself since before she had met Sam and Dean. She plopped on the bed and tried to get some sleep, knowing she would need the rest for more driving the next day. 

"I love you, Faith. I hope I hear from you soon," Dean sent another voicemail. He was almost in his 30s with all the messages he left. She rolled over and placed the phone under her pillow, hoping to drown out the sound. After her stressful day, it didn't take long for her to fall asleep. 

Knocking at the door startled Faith and she jolted awake. She rolled over to look at the clock, seeing that it was three in the morning. 

"Shit," She said as she grabbed her gun from under her pillow and made her way to the door. She looked through the peephole and couldn't deny the pair of emerald eyes that stared back at her. "No way," She whispered as she dropped her head in defeat and unlocked the door. 

"Faith," Dean said as he pushed the door open, engulfing her in a hug. "What the hell is going on?" He asked as he pulled away and looked down at her face. 

"I can't-" She tried, feeling tears start to burn her eyes again. 

"Woah, what is wrong?" He asked as he held her shoulders and guided them back to the bed to sit. "Talk to me, honey," He said softly. 

"I'm-" She began. Dean sat patiently, not wanting to push her.

 "I'm pregnant," She said finally, more tears flowing down her cheeks. 

"What?" He asked confused and shocked all at the same time. "That's why you ran?" He asked, searching her eyes. 

"Yes. We can't have children, Dean" She said sadly. "That is the first thing every monster will want to hold over our heads." She explained, swearing that she saw a smile forming on Dean's face. 

"Are you happy?" She asked confused, figuring he would be furious. "You're not mad?"

"Of course I'm not mad, Faith," He said finally. "We are gonna be parents,"

"We can't keep this baby safe," She said, trying to help Dean realize as she placed a hand across her stomach. 

"I'm not gonna let anything happen to either of you," Dean said as he placed his hand on hers. "You are going to be the best mother," He smiled down at her as he grabbed her cheeks and brought her in for a long kiss. "Please don't ever run away," He said when he finally pulled away. 

"I was scared," She explained. "The last thing I wanted was to make you mad or disappointed," 

"Never," He said with a sweet smile as Sam walked in the door. 

"Well?" He asked, pushing his long hair from his face. 

"Well, Sammy," Dean said proudly. "You're gonna be an uncle,"

With a shocked expression on his face, Sam walked over and gave them both a hug. "Congratulations, guys," He said happily.