Chapter 15 : No Reply

You and Dean sat at the table eating dinner. You both were mostly silent. You just sat there and thought to yourself when a thought popped into your head.

"Dean?" You asked.

"Huh?" He asked with a half smile.

"Has Sammy checked in today? He didn't call like promised last night." You asked as his expression changed to a worried look.

"Damn it. No he hasn't." He said as he went to the library and retrieved his phone.

He walked back into the kitchen now with the phone to his ear. Dean cursed under his breath as the call went straight to voicemail. He tried again and again. He then started texting him, hoping for a reply.

"He's not answering. He always answers." Dean said as he sat back down and ran a hand over his face.

"Honey, lets give it a little while and then try again. If he still doesn't answer than we will go and look for him." You said as you reached for his hand.

"You aren't going anywhere." He said as calmly as he could.

"Fine." You said as you knew you couldn't win this fight.

You both hurried to finish your plates, and you washed up the kitchen.

Dean was now getting worried. It had been 45 minutes with no reply. Dean had begun to pray and call Castiel. No reply from him either. You both sat in the living room as Dean looked at his laptop. He was researching the case that Sam and Castiel had left for about 4 days ago.

"Ok. So they were hunting a vengeful sprit. All the signs are there." Dean spoke up after a few more minutes.

"Okay. Are you leaving?" You asked as he stood up from the couch.

"Baby, I have to make sure they are okay." He explained with pleasing eyes begging you to understand.

"I understand. Just please be safe. If it looks to dangerous then call for help.Keep me updated on everything." You said as you stood up to hug him.

You both just held each other for a few moments before you both walked up the stairs. You walked into your room and sat on the bed. Dean pulled his duffel bag out from under the bed and laid it in front of you. He began to grab clothes from the closet and drawers. He zipped up his bag a few moments later. He threw the bag over his shoulder and you both made your way to the stairs.

"I'll be back soon. I promise. Make sure you lock the doors back when I leave." He instructed as he place as hand on your shoulder.

"I will. I love you." You said as you hugged his again. You breathed in his scent one more time.

"I love you too, baby girl." He said as he kissed your head and pulled out of the hug.

He waved goodbye as he shut the door back behind him. 

5 Hours Later
................................

You woke up from the accidental nap you had taken. Your phone was ringing so you quickly grabbed it from the nightstand and looked at the caller ID. It was Dean. You slid your finger over the screen and put the phone to your ear.

"Hello?" You asked as you wiped the sleepy from your eyes.

"Hey. I found them. Castiel is fine, but I'm taking Sam to the hospital right now. He was thrown into a brick fireplace. It's not looking good." He said as you could tell he was worried for his younger brother.

"Baby, oh my gosh. Do you want me to come?" You asked as you raised from the bed.

"No. I need you to stay safe at he bunker." He said.

"Okay. Call me if you need me." You said as you tried to process everything.

"I love you." You said.

"I love you too, princess. Tell Rosie daddy loves her." He said as he hung up the phone.

You ran your fingers through your hair and tried to calm down your racing heart.

"They will be fine. Sammy will be fine. Dean will take care of them." You repeated out loud to yourself.