f o u r t e e n

Dean seemed to pull into the hospital parking lot on two wheels. He quickly grabbed all the bags and Faith tried to convince him that she could help carry some inside. Not budging, he allowed Faith to lead the way into the hospital entrance. As soon as they walked in, a nurse admitted them into a birthing suite.

Dean helped her change into the hideous hospital gown before the nurses came in a hooked Faith up to several monitors. The contractions were very close together and almost took Faith's breath as they ran their course. Dean pulled a chair right to the side of the bed and allowed her to squeeze his hand through each one.

"Ready, Momma?" He asked as he grabbed a cool cloth and dabbed her face.

"I've been ready," She replied as she tied her hair back into a bun to get her hair out of her face.

"That's my girl," He said as he leaned up to plant a kiss on her cheek. "You've got this,"

Faith nodded as he controlled her breathing for her approaching contraction.

"Alrighty, Faith. You are fully dilated now," The doctor announced at the end of the bed. "We will begin pushing with the next contraction,"

Still riding through her ongoing contraction, she nodded her head and settled back against the bed.

Dean took up and held the cloth in one hand as he helped raise her leg. Dean knew she was in excruciating pain when he watched a tear flow down her cheek. He knew his wife, and she had a high pain threshold, so for her to be crying the pain must be intense.

Many nurses flowed into the room and stood around the room, prepared for anything that may happen. The doctor took a seat at the end of the bed and another nurse came to the other side of your bed, holding your other leg.

Faith had been pushing for almost an hour before any progress was made.

"Heres another one," The doctor said as he watched the monitor and Faith felt it coming.

"Okay, let's push," The nurse said as she instructed. "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10," She counted slowly as Faith pushed with all of her energy.

"Very good," The doctor spoke.

"You're doing so good, baby," Dean whispered in her ear as she started to push again.

"1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10" The nurse counted again.

"I- I can't," Faith said exhausted as she threw her head back against the bed.

"You are so strong," Dean said as he turned to face her. "I know you can do this,"

"You're crowning," The doctor interrupted as the nurses shifted around the room.

"One more big push and your daughter will be here," The nurse said as Faith took Dean's hand.

Faith squeezed her eyes shut as she round up her last bit of energy and pushed as hard as she could. The pain intensified as she screamed out in pain. There was an unbearable amount of pressure as the doctor spoke again. "Beautiful baby girl," He announced.

Nurses crowded the end of her bed as they wiped and suctioned her. After several long seconds Faith started to panic.

"Why isn't she crying?" She asked, trying to prop herself up to see, but was too weak.

"It's okay," Dean said as he laid her back down. "They are working on her,"

"Is everything okay?" Faith asked as she looked up to the nurse for reassurance.

"Sometimes it takes just a second-" She tried explaining before the wail of their daughter's cries filled the room. Faith fell back against the bed and allowed her emotions to overwhelm her. The doctor placed Rosie on her chest as the nurses continued to wipe her down.

"Sir, would you like to cut the umbilical cord?" The doctor asked holding a pair of tongs and scissors.

"Absolutely," Dean said as he took the scissors.

In a few moments, Rosie was cleaned off and the umbilical cord was cut. Rosie has stopped crying when the nurses took Rosie to be weighted and checked over. Faith handed her daughter to the nurse who walked her over to the other side of the room.

"Look how beautiful she is," He said pointing to Rosie.

Faith smiled as she laid her head back against the pillow, utterly exhausted. Rosie continued to cry out again and she jolted up to look again.

"7 pounds 1 ounce." They heard the doctor pronounce. Dean's face widened again in a smile.

"She seems to be perfectly healthy," The doctor spoke again.

"See, she's perfect," Dean said reassuringly.

"She is." Faith agreed.

Rosie was brought back over and placed in Faith's arms again. She couldn't stop staring down at her, amazed at how beautiful she was.

The doctor and nurses left the room, allowing the family to spend time alone together. Faith hushed Rosie to sleep, gently rocking back and forth in her place in bed. Dean stared down at the both of them, feeling like his heart would explode from how full it was.

"Do you want to hold her?" Faith asked as she looked up to meet his gaze.

"Really?" He asked excitedly.

"Of course, honey," She chuckled as she raised her arms slightly and he leaned down to pick her up.

"She's so tiny," Dean said as he sat back down in the chair by the bed and admired his sleeping daughter. "You are so amazing," He said looking back up to Faith. You could see the love shine right through his emerald eyes.