Chapter 27 : Crocottas and Chaos

Dean had called you right when you woke up. He said they had found out the location of the Crocotta, and would be heading over there after sundown. You told him to be careful which he immediately promised you he would. You couldn't help but worry about him and Sam the whole time they were gone. Trouble was always near when it came to being a hunter.

You took a shower after the phone call ended. You threw your hair into a bun, and changed into some fresh clothes. You walked to Rosie's nursery, and saw that Castiel still sat in the rocking chair watching Rosie.

"Morning, Cas." You said as you walked over to your sleeping daughter.

You leaned over in the crib and carefully raised her up in your arms. You placed her on your chest and walked over to the changing table. You gently placed her down and changed her clothes and diaper. Rosie started to stir and whine. Castiel watched at how you soothed her quietly, and she immediately stopped fussing. You swore a small grin was placed upon his lip. You looked over to him and questioned.

"What?" You asked.

"You have come a long way since I had last saw you." He spoke as he stood from the rocking chair.

"Yes. I guess I have." You said as you finished changing Rosie and brought her up to your chest.

You walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. Castiel followed you the whole way. You began warming a bottle for Rosie as you placed the now awake baby in her high chair. You fixed you a glass of water, and grabbed a granola bar from the pantry. You placed your small breakfast onto the table before walking over to the warmer and grabbing Rosie's bottle. You fed her, and sipped at your water.

5 Hours Later
..............................
Castiel had left after breakfast for angel business. You finished cleaning up the bunker, and went over to Rosie playpen. She laid down and played with her toys quietly. You reached down and rubbed your hand on her head. To your surprise she felt warm. Warmer than she normally did. You quickly ran over to the kitchen and grabbed the thermometer out of the drawer. You placed the thermometer in her ear. The device beeped slightly as the numbers 99.8 read across the screen. You placed a hand on your forehead as you walked back to the kitchen. You put away the thermometer before walking over to the medicine cabinet and getting a small dose of Tylenol. You gave it to Rosie and she smacked her lips at the new flavor.

You knew she had been slightly more fussy than normal today, but never thought she would be sick. You decided to give her a bath, and try to bring the fever down.

30 minutes later
...................................
You finished off drying Rosie and putting her into some fresh clothes. Her fever had decreased a little, and you started to have hope that she wasn't getting sick. You walked into her nursery, and laid her down in her crib. In a few moments your daughter was asleep.

You walked over to the rocking chair and watched Rosie as she slept.

All of the sudden the ring of your phone made you jump. You slid your phone out of your pocket and slid your finger over the screen. It was Dean.

"Hello." You said into the phone while you tried to be quiet and not wake Rosie.

"Hey, Baby. Why are you whispering?" Dean asked.

"Rosie is asleep, she's been sick today." You said as you tried to keep it together.

"Sick? Is she okay?" He asked as panic seemed to seep into his voice.

"She was running a 99.8 fever at breakfast. I gave her some medicine that brought it down, and gave her a bath. She has been kind of fussy all day, and really sleepy." You explained as calmly as you could.

"Well, me and Sam decided to not wait till after sundown. We just finished the hunt, and we are heading back home now." You heard him say as the roar of the Impala filled the background with noise.

"Ok. Sounds great." You said.

"Are you okay?" Dean asked.

"I'm just worried. Today has been chaotic." You explained as you ran a hand over your head.

"I will see you soon, honey. We will make sure that she is okay as soon as I get there. I love you and Rosie." He said as the conversation started coming to an end.

"I love you." You said quietly.

"I love you too, princess." He said as you pulled the phone from your ear and hung up.