e le v e n

"Time for our 8 months check-up?" Dean asked as everyone sat around in the living room of the bunker.

Faith smiled wide as she sat on the couch and admired her very large belly. "I feel huge,"

"You are still so beautiful," Dean chuckled as he took a seat next to her.

"Cas, can you tell us how we are doing?" Faith asked as the angel stood across the room.

"Of course," He replied as he slowly walked over to where they sat. "Everything seems to be alright. You don't have much time left before you deliver," Castiel said as he touched Faith's belly.

Faith and Dean both smiled at the good news and were relieved everything was okay.

"Hey, Dean!" Sam called out from the library. "Come check this out,"

"Duty calls," Dean groaned as he stood up from the couch.

"A little help here, Cas?" Faith asked as she held her hands up in the air. Castiel gladly took her hands and helped pull her to her feet. She waddled to the library so she could also be filled in on what was going on.

"Seems like there is a vengeful spirit a couple of counties over," Sam said as he pointed to facts on his tablet.

"Can you and Cas handle it?" Dean asked, rubbing his hand along the back of his neck.

"You're not coming?" Sam asked confused.

"Well, I don't want to be gone in case she goes into labor," Dean explained as Faith sat down at the table.

"Right," Sam nodded. "I think we will be fine,"

"Dean," Faith tried to protest. "I will be fine-"

"I know you will because I'm not going anywhere," He finished her sentence before she got the chance.

"Just be careful," Faith said to Sam as he went up to his room to pack. He gave a small smile before disappearing up the stairs.

A couple of hours later and Faith was waddling up the stairs to their bedroom to get some rest.

Dean chuckled as he watched her slowly make her way up.

"Are you making fun of me?" She asked, trying not to smile. "I can't even see my feet,"

"Of course not, honey," He chuckled. "You are very cute,"

"Yeah, whatever," She chuckled back as she reached the top of the stairs.

They both settled into bed, cuddled up together as they tried to sleep.

Faith woke up early the next morning, unable to sleep due to Rosie moving around. She decided to head downstairs and make a small breakfast for her and Dean. She knew he would protest that she didn't need to be cooking, but she didn't see the harm.

She smiled once she heard him huff and enter the room. "Faith, you didn't have to-" He tried.

"Hush and come get you some bacon," She chuckled as she made a plate and settled at the table. He shook his head but did as he was told before joining her.

"Thank you," He said as he took a bite with a smile.

"Has Sammy checked in today? He didn't call last night." You asked as his expression changed.

"I haven't heard from either of them," Dean replied as he pulled his phone from his pocket. He dialed Sam's number and placed the phone on speaker to hear him better. The call went straight to voicemail before it even rang.

"Damn it," Dean cursed as he tried Castiel's number and the same thing happened.

"Let's give it a little while and then try again. If they don't call back soon then we will go find them," Faith said as she reached for his hand.

"You aren't going anywhere." He said as calmly as he could.

"Fine," She replied, knowing that was a battle she couldn't win. They both hurried to finish their breakfast and washed up the kitchen.

After 45 minutes with no reply, Dean began to pace the floor in worry. He tried calling and praying to Castiel in hopes of an answer. He was unsuccessful each time.

"Are you leaving?" Faith asked as he continued to walk around the room.

"I need to make sure they are okay," He explained, hoping that she would understand.

"I know," She nodded as he went upstairs to pack a bag. Before she could even begin to follow him, he was making his way back down, duffle bag in hand.

"If it looks too dangerous then call other hunters for help," Faith said with a serious face. "And keep me updated,"

"I'll be back soon," He nodded. "Make sure to lock this place uptight when I leave,"

"I will," She agreed as she stood on her tiptoes to plant a gentle kiss on his lips. "I love you,"

"I love you both," He smiled. "And you stay put until I get back," He said as he leaned down to talk to your stomach.

He waved goodbye as he shut the door back behind him.

Five hours later, Faith woke up from an accidental nap she had taken on the couch. Her phone was ringing and she grabbed it from the table. Dean's name was displayed across the screen and she answered it quickly.

"Hey," She answered as she wiped the sleep from her eyes. "Find anything?"

"Castiel is fine but I'm taking Sam to the hospital," He said as worry laced his words. "He was thrown against a brick wall. It doesn't look good,"

"Do you want me to come to the hospital?" Faith asked, ready to jump up.

"No, I need you to stay safe at the bunker," He explained.

"Okay. Call me if you need me," She said as she processed everything.