Chapter 25 : Guardian Angel

You carried Rosie back into the bunker. She looked up at you with wide eyes and wonder. You and Dean walked down the stairs and into the living room. You saw Sam sitting there along with Castiel.

"Hey, Cassie. I haven't seen you in a while." You said as you sat down at the end of the table.

"Hello, Faith. I see we have another human in our mist." He said as he stared at Rosie with his head tilted.

"We do. Her name is Rosie. You want to hold her?" You asked as Castiel straightened his head and thought for a moment.

"I don't see why not." He said as you stood up and placed Rosie gently in his arms.

"Ok. Just keep her head up." You said as you helped him hold her the right way.

"Of course." He said as he stared down at her.

Dean walked into the living room, and saw that Castiel was holding Rosie. He chuckled and took a seat beside Sam.

"I could be of help with Rosie." Castiel said as he looked at Dean.

"What do you mean?" Dean asked as he furrowed his brows.

"I could be her guardian angel. Protect her, watch over her, make sure she's safe." He said as he looked up at you.

You looked over towards Dean and he had an unreadable face.

"How would you do that?" You asked.

"I would mark her as my own. No other angel can take claim on her as long as I am alive." He said simply.

"Will it hurt her?" You asked him with caution.

"No. It will be marked on her ribs, like I did with all of you." He said as he looked back down at Rosie.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt." Dean spoke up as you looked at him.

"As long as it doesn't hurt her." You said as you agreed.

Castiel handed you Rosie and you held her in your arms. He placed one hand on her chest, and closed his eyes. A little blue light showed under his hand, and seconds later it was gone.

"Ok. She is marked with my promise for protection, guidance, and safety." He said as he sat back down.

You went over and sat in Deans lap and you both played with your daughter. She was so beautiful, and perfect. You felt a little better for her knowing that Castiel was now here to look over her.