Third brought Thought

Before I could say or do anything, Angelica snatched my wrist and started yanking me down the staircase, Eliza following. Since we had one less class on Fridays, it was home time now, and I glanced around nervously just in case I was mistaken about that.

"Ange-"

"Shut up." She snarled at me, but then smiled at the boy I had been sitting next to. He didn't seem to notice as i pulled my hand away and rubbed it, wincing.

Eliza whirled around, and fixed me with a stare that made my insides quake.

"S-sorry." I could barely hear myself, but I was sure the words came out.

My wrist was pulled on again, and this time Eliza was dragging me to our stepmom's car, and pushing me into the back.

I spent the whole car journey in silence, trying not to notice the hard stares my sisters shot at me while having a petty conversation with our stepmom about the school. When we arrived, Eliza told me to wait outside her room, and I was in no position to decline.

I hated this. Hated how easily they could boss me about, with me unable to even react without angering them. It wasn't fair at all, just because they thought I was weird shouldn't give them the right to do this!

Eliza let me into her room, where she and Angelica were already waiting. Eliza's room was painted a pretty blue, and was much larger than my own. Also much more color coordinated.

"Margarita, we noticed you talking to Alexander in French." Eliza said, shutting the door behind her.

"Well I sit next to him what was I meant to do?"

"Do not," Angelica intervened, "speak to Eliza like that. Apologize at once."

I stared her down, though it was hard.

Eliza wasn't paying attention at all, and it was i my when Angelica tugged her arm lightly that she looked up.

"Alexander Hamilton has a reputation, Margarita." Angelica continued. "I don't want him to think we're weird like you, so whatever you said to him, it had better, and I mean it, be normal."

I thought. Well I had messed up my French and held his hand for much longer than necessary, overall acting like a blithering idiot, but... "You don't get to control who I talk to or how i do it! I'm not letting you boss me about and bully me anymore!" I ran out of Eliza's room and locked myself in my own one, crying.

I repeated to myself over and over into the darkness of my room, "It's not right, it's not right."

Nobody came in to reprimand me.