Neuf

My mind was wandering so much at breaktime that when the five minute bell rang and I should have been heading to history, I realised that I forgot to meet Maria in the library.

I slapped myself in the head and run there now. Hopefully I would catch her and apologize and everything would be fine. By the time I reach the library, she's walking out with James, and looking happy with him.

Huh.

She didn't take history, so I'd see her in double physics later. Cursing myself, I ran back across the school and arrived to history only a few minutes late.

My mind in a daze, and quite frankly, a mess. I found myself wandering down a dark hallway. When I reached the end, the path split in two. In one room was Alexander, crying and doing horrible things to himself, and in the other was Maria, doing the same.

I was torn between the two, but the wall behind me was closing in and I had to make a decision.

Alexander, who's cousin committed suicide and had passed the depression on, or Maria, who cried alone in bathrooms yet had a mysterious relationship that couldn't be healthy.

The wall behind me hit my back and I stumbled forward, diving into the right hand room not a second late.

The room I was in had neither Maria nor Alexander in. There was an eerie red glow, and suddenly, Angelica's voice was there, every insult she'd ever given me was being projected, then Eliza's voice joined in, and that boy with an accent who called Maria and me sluts, and everyone who had ever hurt or upset me joined in, shouting and whispering insults all over the room, and the echoing made the whole thing about twenty times worse.

"PEGGY!" Someone shook me, and I woke up screaming. My whole history class eyed me weirdly, and John, Alexander's friend, had shaken me awake. The teacher told him to take me outside, and he did. Neither Maria or Alexander was in this lesson, so it was just me and John.

"Want to tell me what's going on between you and Alex?" He asked to my bewilderment.