For the Fifteenth Time!

"Peggy, you don't even know what I was goi-"

I broke her speech off by kissing her. I didn't know quite what made me do it, but I did know that I liked it. Within a minute of me squishing her against a sink, she flipped us around and crushed my lips back. I pulled at her back, pulling her even closer, if that was even possible.

When we finally broke off, both of us were out of breath, more me than her, and both of us were leaning on the sinks.

"Awesome," I said, not thinking straight at all. "Wow!"

Maria grinned and looked over at me. "You're not too bad a kisser, Peggs."

"You're amazing," I said, and meant it with all my heart.

"You don't want me, though."

"I-" I stopped myself. I'd been about to say "I do"

"Peggy, I've kissed way too many people. Fifteen different people, Peggy! Girls, boys, whoever. You name it. I don't trust myself, and I'm... Technically in a relationship with James."

"I'll break you two up if you want! You're clearly n-"

"No, Peggy, it's not that simple," she said firmly.

"But I'm sure I coul-"

"No, you couldn't."

I sighed and stared at the door. Maria never seemed to accept it when I tried to help her. There must be something else, something I didn't know. I decided in that moment that it was my personal mission to find out exactly what Maria was hiding from me. Correction: trying to hide from me. Nothing escapes Peggy.

* * *

I was doodling again in French class, while Alex upheld his part of the deal and did my work for me. "Y'know, Alex, I should really do that work. You've got enough on your mind." I offered, noticing Alex staring at the boy in front. Realising it was John, I slowly pulled my French book back to my own desk and he didn't even notice. "Alex, you're drooling," I said.

No response.

"Alex!" I waved my hands in front of his face until he realised and snapped back into reality.

"Wassgoingon?"

"You were staring."

"Sorry?"

"Not at me! You were staring at, "I lowered my voice, "John Laurens."

Alexander forcefully closed his mouth, took my French book back, and started writing. He was concentrating so severely hard that I knew he didn't want to be staring at John's behind.

Or maybe he was just ashamed to admit it so soon after breaking up with Thomas. It was the same day, after all. Also, the pink dashes on his cheeks said that he much enjoyed staring at John.

I realised that I was also staring, and quickly looked down at my doodle. It sort of looked like a turtle, so I started to colour it in green.