Twenty the Opportunity

Eliza sent me straight to my room as soon as we arrived back at our house. She was understandably angry with me. After all, I had agreed to help her get together with someone, then accidently outed him as gay. Honestly, considering it was me, I was surprised that the situation wasn't worse.

I fiddled with my phone for the better part of twenty minutes before unlocking it, and opening messenger. Just as I hoped, Maria was online. However, just as I started typing a message to her, she went offline. Great. Luck and chance actually hated me.

I started humming to myself, staring out of my small ornate window. I wondered what I could do. Eventually, I rifled through my schoolbag to look for some homework or something to do, but out of my history book slid a brightly coloured poster. My eyes scanned it, and my heart raced with excitement. I had to do this, or at least try to. That'd show everyone that I could do something. That I was worth something.

And even if I did just make a fool of myself, at least I would have tried to be more.

I leapt out of my room and skidded into Angelica's. I was aiming for the bathroom, but missed. Luckily for me, she wasn't in there, and I found myself staring around. Her room was littered with sheet music. I picked one sheet up, and studied it. Nothing special. I went to put it back, but something stopped me.

There was a brightly coloured poster lying on the floor. The same one I found. I backed out of the room and hurried to my own. Maybe it wasn't worth it, if Angelica was going for it as well...

I studied my poster again. Down in the bottom left corner was a post it note with red writing on it.

"M" had to be Maria! Who else could have slipped something into my history book? I smiled

"M" had to be Maria! Who else could have slipped something into my history book? I smiled. Maria was being so nice to me lately. Well, apart from when she forcefully pierced my ears. I reached up and touched them with a shudder in recognition of the memory.

If Maria wanted me to audition for 'Miranda: The Musical', then she was going to do it with me. Angelica aside, I couldn't wait to prove myself with Maria by my side doing the same as me. The musical was practically all singing, with only an act gap and a couple of bits of speech as breaks. I hadn't seen it, but I'd heard of it, and apparently it had a very passionate fanbase online. After all, it was about a topic that everyone was familiar with: the American Revolution and the founding fathers.

Look out guys, I thought with a grin. I'm on my way.