Prologue

Prologue

Grand Hyatt Shanghai, China. 9:47 pm.

Hummingbird is now on the floor.

I smiled wickedly as I slowly walk towards the entrance with my gold silk plunge neck gown, crisscross back and a high slit playing with my flawless legs.

Hummingbird is the most devious birds of all, as it flies high with its wings fleeting with joy, as it dances with the wind making senseless act of beauty and as it sings sweetly tracing our hearts dimness, little by little those weaklings will always be deceived.

Hummingbirds are the silent sharks of the sky, not so bad and not so evil. But if you dared try its patience, identify your safest place to hide.

This is your one and only hummingbird, and it isn't your time to fly.

"This is Cleo, I am already on the site." I whispered while I am slowly walking towards the entrance of the hall.

I didn't hear any response from my partner. Shit. What is he doing right now? Instead, I heard a familiar song from his background. If I'm not mistaken, it is entitled Havana.

"Dhaywill?" I tried to call his attention again. What the--- seriously? How I wish I could choose a better and attentive partner.

Tonight's target is the fire opal, one of the most famous and expensive gems of Asia. I can't help but to raised my right eyebrow as I scanned the entrance of the hotel. Securities are all alerted for the sudden appearance of the greatest hummingbird.

"Cleo?" I rolled my eyes.

"What are you doing Dhaywill? Alam mo ba kung anong gagawin natin ngayong gabi?"

"I'm sorry, someone is playing with our hacking system. There are enemies inside, not the ordinary one."

"Name them,"

"The Sous L'eau.."

"Oh, natunugan nila tayo agad?"

"They are interested with your existence, they are hitting two birds with one stone. To protect the gems and to chase you Ms. Hummingbird." Ngumisi ako sa sinabi ni Dhaywill.

"But hummingbirds are hard to catch."

"Ofcourse, they can't caged you babe."

Tonight will be the annual greatest jewel auctions in Asia, buong akala ko ay sa Malaysia ito gaganapin pero biglang nalipat sa China sa hindi namin maintindihang dahilan.

Hummingbird's mission is to steal the gem of the night successfully. I have my reasons, a very deep reason for doing this.

Few more steps and I'll be facing their security system that will definitely identify even my smallest weapon.

"Give me 10 seconds Dhaywill."

"Copy,"

Nagpatuloy ako sa paglalakad papalapit sa dadaanan kong entrance, may dalawang security guard dito na nakabantay sa bawat papasok.

Nang ako na ang susunod na papasok, sinadya kong bitawan ang hawak kong pouch.

"Oh my—I'm sorry.." agad akong tinulungan nang isa sa security guard.

I tried myself to look like a panicked girl who's too ashamed, nagkunwari akong nakipag unahan para pulutin ang pouch ko pero sinadya kong itapon ang sarili ko sa security guard sa paraan na parang makikitang natapilok ako sa pagmamadali.