Prologue

In a urban area of a corrupted country.

A gambling den seem to be having the night of its life.

Surrounding the most cliche round wooden table, were spectators as they watch the intense game going on.

Poker cards were strewn across the table as bets were raised higher.

The one who was challenged, the competitor, the man, watch calmly as he watched his challenger draw a card.

The guy started to sweat nervously.

"Done?" The competitor asked.

The challenger grin and threw his cards down.

"Straight!"

"This couldn't even be consider a game...." The man sighed as he flip his cards over. "Royal Straight Flush..."

He just beat the challenger, the second strongest gambler in the den.

The man, was actually rumored to be the strongest gambler from another country. He had decided to venture to this corrupted country when he heard rumors of the 'Game Master'.

The 'Game Master'....

The rumored to be the most strongest gambler or 'gamer' that's impossible to beat.

He can easily see through any cheats and tricks...

He even solve conflicts through games by following his 'ten pledges'....

The man smirk. If he beats this so call 'Game Master', he would be proven as the most strongest gambler alive.

Though it's kinda surprising...

How is he not dead yet? Not everyone would just follow him and play his games.

Rumors says that whoever that plays with him have face something abnormal.

Well, he just have to find out.

******

The man look at his last opponent.

The Game Master.

Dressed only in a simple black suit with a checkered undershirt, top with a black mask that covers the top part of his face.

Seated in a fancy looking chair, the Game Master smiled; one hand holding a pair of dice. The other hand holding a chess piece of the King.

"I'm the Game Master. What game would you like to play?"

The Game Master raised one hand with the dices.

"The game of chance?"

He lowered his hand and raised the other that was holding the chess piece.

"Or the game of strategy?"

The man looked at his opponent before he finally said.

"Chance."

The Game Master smiled as he pocketed the chess piece. He leaned forward.

"Would you...Charles Veiner, swear by the ten pledges?"

Charles was taken aback, how did he---

"I am the Game Master, it's only logical for me to know the names of my opponent." And the Game Master continue to explain the ten pledges.