Quest 7: The Monstrous Cloud Pt.1

He knew.

Oh how he knew.

Yurei thought to himself, his usual smile on his face that was such a common sight to the skylark that he was rather sick of it.

The Hibari couldn't figure out as to what was so funny or whatever it was that made the gamer so happy. And this frustrates him terribly.

Ever since they were kids, Yurei was known to be a joyful child so that was to be expected.

But what really triggered Kyoya's annoyance was when Yurei seem to be looking at him with a look that says he knows everything about you.

And that was what he hated. To get rid of the hatred, he would just lunge at his friend though, missing every time miserably.

But even one day, the greatest will always meet their greatest downfall, no?

But this is Yurei. Will he even have a downfall?

******

The town of Namimori is what they said to be the nest of a demon. Many would say it's because the town is the one where the environment was suitable to raise the demon that stayed within the town.

And that was none other than the little skylark.

This was the age where young Kyoya Hibari was still a cute boy at his age but the evident cold harsh look of a predator was a common sight on his face.

Many cooed at this as it only added more to the cuteness but of course. Even a little rabbit knows how to bite.

It wasn't long for the little bird to grow its own fangs when he had attained a pair of tonfas.

With the newly acquired martial art skills, Kyoya was quick to catch the attention of another child.

A mischievous grin adorning his face as he looked out the window.

"Skylark skylark, oh how have you've been born~" The pale skin child sang. "Skylark skylark, how well you will grow~"

"Skylark skylark, be my little pawn~!"

The little boy stop, his big eyes sharpen into a dark look. "Kyoya Hibari, you're so interesting that I can't wait to see if you will break or last in my little game~"

The boy did a twirl, his back now facing the window where the Hoseo— I mean, sunlight came shining in.

Shining upon the King chess piece and on a pair of dice that reflect the light with its blue glass-like appearance.

******

"Reirei!" The mother called out to her son who quickly ran down the stairs to the kitchen, skidding to a halt before the counter to face her.

"Hai, okaa-san?"

"Would you be so kind to help mummy send this rice balls to the neighbour that live right at the end of the street?"

The child tilt his head. "The one in the yakuza mansion?"

"Yes and they are not the yakuza." The mother huffed while pushing the jyubako bento box that was already wrapped in a dark purple cloth into his arms.

Yurei ignore the last statement of his mother and quickly hurry out of the door to make his delivery.

The young child of 5 years old happily skipped in his steps as he made his way to the mansion. It wasn't long for him to arrive at the big wooden gates.

The nameplate hung right beside the gate.

[Hibari]

"Skylark?" Yurei tilt his head while reading the name before breaking out into a grin. "Cool name!"

He then rang the door bell.

Alright, so many of you are going to question as to how in the world is a kid going to reach the door bell.

Yurei simply flicked his dices at the doorbell, hard. So that there were enough pressure to press the doorbell.

[Yurei: Any bloody kid could do it.
93: Yeah, not all kids are adult in baby body.
Yurei: Fine, any intelligent kid could.
93: Again, no one is like you -_-]

He blinks slowly, his blue irises reflecting the sunlight like beautiful blue colored glass. His eyes shifted slightly, cautious of almost everything around him. He could even hear the grasshopper that was resting on a tree, right behind the wall where the gate was. The smell of cherry blossoms was faint but evident in the air, giving a calm joyful feeling.

Yurei's attention was soon diverted away when he heard a loud groan of the metal emitted from the gates itself. A middle age man in a traditional kimono that's worn in the dojo, stepped out.

"What's your business with the Hibaris?"

'Wow, already hostile even to a child?' Yurei thought to himself but kept his mask up.

"My mom wanted me to give this bento to them! We were busy and we never got the time to get all the rice balls to all the neighbors."

Yurei noticed how the man's eyes scanned him with a calculative look when he was talking. The man eyed the young boy for a little while longer before nodding.

"Come on in." He then stand aside and the child immediately ran inside with a bounce in his steps. It wasn't hard for the child to find the main entrance, seeing that he just needed to follow the stoned walkway.