Quest 12: The Mist's Lies

He blinked.

And he blinked.

And he blinked again.

The snow blue hair male rubbed his eyes a few times and blinked again. Slowly, he reached out his hand to his bedside table where there was a ring.

And it wasn't just any ring.

It's was the one half of the Vongola Mist Ring.

Yurei was pretty sure that the only ring he had gotten his hand on was the Lightning Ring and that alone was enough to strike himself on Reborn's hit list if it weren't for the gamer's capability of erasing his tracks.

He observed the signet of the Ring and yes, without a doubt, it was the real deal. Yurei clicked his tongue, he didn't think he would be that lucky to be chosen as one of the Guardians for the Vongola Decimo.

Without another glance at the jewellery, he pocketed it.

♠️♠️♠️

"Ohayo, Tsunayoshi-kun." Yurei greeted, seeing that this was one of the occasional days where he would bumped into the brunette at the school gate.

"You looked as if you've been shocked awake!" He exclaimed, a laugh escaping his throat and that caused the brunette to become flustered while an Italian dude was ready to blast him away.

"How dare you be so rude to Juudaime!!"

"Gokudera-kun!! It's alright—" The brunette tried to calm the other down but his actions was cut off when he saw the familiar shining glint on one of Yurei's finger when he had lifted his hand to scratched his cheek.

"Sakkaku-kun—!!"

"Nani?"

"O-Oh, it's nothing, just saw a ring on your hand."

"Oh you mean this?" Yurei feigned ignorance while holding out his hand to reveal the Mist Ring worn on his middle finger, smirking inwardly when he saw how the other's eyes widened.

"I don't even remember where I picked up a ring with half a signet on it." Yurei added with a laugh, pretending not to noticed how pale the brunette's face had become.

"Well, see ya, Tsunayoshi-kun!"

♠️♠️♠️

"Omo...?"

Though his voice sounded as if he was offended, his face displayed his amusement. Yurei raised an eyebrow while he looked at the still forming Vongola group before him. His blue eyes glinting underneath his bangs as he shifted his weight from one feet to another, doing a rather relaxed pose while holding onto his school bag.

"This is a rather...sudden meeting." He pointed out, stopping himself from saying 'awkward' instead. The gamer could only assumed that the infant have kicked the brunette's ass to come and deliberately pull him into the mafia. "So, what did you want to meet me for?"

There was the usual smile on his face, his eyes closed to give an eye closed smile. This hiding the jovial yet sinister intent within. Despite giving off that friendly and approachable aura, it was almost as if Yurei was daring anyone to talk to him. Just wanting anyone to say a word to break the tension he was very much upholding despite him seemingly being rather nonchalant and oblivious of the situation.

He fiddled with the dices in his pocket, the feeling of adrenaline running through his veins was making him feel giddy and excited.

Ecstasy.

That was the perfect word to describe his feeling. Pure ecstasy. That very feeling of rising amusement where you know where exactly would your prey go and how exactly would you trap them.

Aaah, could anyone ever understand this feeling of his as he tried so desperately to reign in his sadistic yet sanely psychotic nature. Yurei clenched the dices tightly in his fist as he suppressed a sinister chuckle from escaping him while he watched the Decimo before him. The Don looked so weak, so vulnerable, so— fragile— God, just what could he have done to actually make him break?

Yurei internally shook his head, pushing his entertainment aside as he finally opened his eyes, an unreadable glint seen in them as he watched the brunette before him. That wasn't exactly his thoughts to be honest, thinking back on them actually made it seem boring than he thought it would be.

"Dame-Tsuna, your lack of taking control of the chance is a disappointment."

Reborn's voice could be heard the same time he appeared out of nowhere and sent his signature flying kick towards Tsuna's head, sending him stumbling forward towards the ground where Yurei was standing.

Noises seemed to be silenced by his mind, the conversation held by the group being cancelled out. The teen made no move to dodge as he watched the head of the brunette by his feet, his eyes focusing on staring down at the boy as the feeling of superiority rising within him yet he yearned to be of the side of inferiority.

He bend down a little and reached a hand out to Tsuna, a smile gracing his expression as he tilted his head.

"Why don't you get up first, Sawada-san? I feel as if this conversation about joining your Famiglia would very much take awhile."