Ch. 5 Reunion of Sorts

Ash pov
After Serena met my mother, we spent 2 weeks getting ready for the Kanto League, so I did last minute training with my Pokemon, and they we're excited to finally be able to fight, they wanted to prove their strength and win it all, since they know that this would be my last League. I had told them, and me saying they we're shocked was understatement, they literally we're asking questions, until Pikachu told thwm I had a girlfriend and wanted to settle down, and they understood. I looked at all of them and just thinking about how they all changed, like Gible evolved to Garchomp while training with Cynthia, Totadile is now Croconaw, Snivy is Serperior, Quilava is Typlosion, plus I caught new Pokemon, like Lucario, Gardivor, and I even got Dragonite, a Pokemon only Serena knows I have, plus my other Pokemon.

[Timeskip]

Alright, it's finally here, the Kanto League, before we start, let me say what im wearing, a black shirt, with a red vest with a white collar that leads down with the zipper, blue jeans, witj red and black shoes, with my Kalos Hat and Kalos Gloves. Serena is wearing a light blue blouse, with white and red shoes, light blue socks, with a red skirt, and a white hat, with a half red pokeball, and she grew her long hair out, but with or without long hair, she's beautiful, atleast to me she is. We reached the Pokemon Center at the Indigo Plateau, and we're about to walk in, until, "huh? Ash, is that you?", we both hear, so we turn around and who's their, nobody else but Sawyer, "woah, Sawyer, good to see ya", I say, "yeah, good to see yoy and Serena, how ya been?" Sawyer says smiling", " we've been good, me and Ash are still going strong", Serwna sas as she holds my hand, "hey, that's great, glad your both still together, yoy guys make a perfect couple", "ya think?", I say blushing, "yeah, I know a few new friends who would be jealous of your relationship", he says, "really? Who would that be?", "they're names are...", "Ash Ketchum", we hear,  and I see somebody who I haven't seen since Sinnoh, "wait, Paul, what are you doing here?", I see the purple-haired boy I beat back in the Sinnoh League, "when I heard the news, I decided to give Kanto another shot, so, here I am, guess your here for the same thing huh?", I nod, "yeah, by the way, meet Sawyer, a trainer from Hoenn, and my girlfriend Serena". This news gets him confused, I think, I can't read his head, "woah, you got a girlfriend?", "yeah, we've been dating almost 1 year already?", he smiles, "well congratulations Ash, hope your both happy in future endeavours", "gee, thanks Paul", "yeah, its nice to meet you Paul", Serena says as she offers her hand, which he gladly shakes, "good to meet you also Serena".

Me and Paul catch up, and I find out hes been training hard for our rematch, and I also find out he beat Brandon and the Battle Frontier, which is something I knew he could do. He finds out I almost won the Kalos League, and found out Sawyer was competeing, which was something that excited him, "it be awesome to see a battle between you guys, Sawyer vs Paul, two trainers who've pushed me to be better than I could be", "yeah, I remember seeing Paul in Unova when we did Kalos, he was amazing, I wanted to face him for a long time, now, I might have a chance...", "yeah right, Paul's mine to beat and mine alone", the 4 of us hear, and boy do I recognize the voice, "Barry, no way, your here?", "huh? ASH!!!" he screams, and everybody looks our way, "no way, good to see ya", "yeah, same here Barry", "Ash, long time no see huh?", I turn around, and boy, I see Cameron, Stephan, Bianca, and Virgil. "Oh, hey guys, been awhile hasn't it?", "yeah, it has", "Serena, meet Cameron, Stephan, Bianca and Virgil, friends I made in Unova", "hi, nice to meet ya guys", Stephan grabs her hand and kisses it, which I get mad about, "how about a cool dinner with me after the Opening Ceremonies tonight ma lady?", "nope im taken", Serena says as I grab her hand and kiss it myself, which breaks Stephan, and shocks Cameron and Bianca, but Virgil looks unfazed, "congrats Ash", says Bianca, "young love, so much happiness between the both of ya", "thanks Bianca, by the way, meet Barry, Paul and Sawyer, frienss of mine", "hello, nice to meet you", says Paul, "same here Paul", "so Ash, is Serena competeing?", Cameron asks, "No, she's just here for support".

[Timeskip]

After catching up, we're at the Indigo Plateau for the Opening Ceremonies, "Hey Ashy-boy, been awhile hasn't it", "oh, hey Gary", I say as I turn around, "what are doing here, came to cheer me on?", "nah, im here to compete", Gary says, which catches me off guard, "woah, really? But you haven't done a League tournament since the Silver Conference almost 5 years ago", "yeah, I know, but I wanna know if I still got what it takes to do what you do Ash", he looks around, "oh, hi , im Gary, Ash's best friend since we we're kids, and his first rival", he say, "hi, I'm Paul, hia rival in Sinnoh", "and im Barry, another rival of his, along with probably everybody else on this table, except her", Gary looks at Serena, "hi, Gary, my name's Serena, Ash's girlfriend", "oh, so you're the one Ash couldn't stop talking about when he returned from Kalos, Straw Hat girl from Summer Camp years ago", "wow, I can't believe you remember me?", "I didn't at first, until he told the whole story". She blushes, now she knows I talk about her all the time, but I don't care, "oh Ash, by the way, Delia and Gramps are in the stands with your friends already", I nod, "oh, thanks for telling me".

[Timeskip]

Ash pov
It's Opening Ceremonies time, so we all go in and register, showing our badges, while Serena goes to the stands with my mother. After finally registering, I run into somebody, "oh, soory, wasn't looking where I was going", I said as I picked up my hat, "Ash, it's good to see you my friend", I look up, "Nando, long time, how you been?", "Magnificent, the Kanto Region has been a beautiful place for me to grow, not only as a trainer, but more so as a person", "hey, that's great", "so Ash, how have you been my friend?", "I've been great, just been traveling", "ahh, for me, when I travel, it's the journey, not the destination". I smile, Nando is an amazing, smart guy, he always amazes me, "it's been good to see you, bit I gotta go", "alright Ash, take care, hope we battle in the tournament", "yeah, same here". I say as we both walk, but from the corner of my eye, I see a blonde beauty looking at me, and I know who that is, it's Astrid, she's here, great, first Sawyer, now Astrid, both have Mega Evolution, but they don't know I also obtained Mega Evolution, but that's a story for another day.

I head to the field and find Serena talking with my friends, glad they're getting along, and glad Brock's not making a move, but then again, he's between Misty, Max, and a Poison Jab, so I got nothing to fear. I look for a few more seconds, until Serena notices me and waves, I wave back, but I'm interrupted by Mr. Goodshow, "Hello Trainers, and welcome to the Kanto League Opening Ceremonies, Im the President of the Leage, Mr. Goodshow, tonight is a special night because we have 64 of the best trainers in Kanto here, competeing for the coveted title of Kanto Champion". He says and I smile, "Now, before we light the torch, please give it up for the Kalos Champion, Diantha", I smile, I haven't seen her since Kalos, "Hello everyone, its with great honor I'm here to help start this Tournament, I shall explain the rules, every round will be 3 vs 3, until the Top 8 are left, which will then become 6 vs 6, now that that's outta the way, let's light up the torch with he fire from Moltres", she says as the torch lights up, which means the Kanto League is now on, and I cant wait to show my new strength.