Ch. 9 Telling Gary the Truth

Ash pov
As the 1st round comes to an end with Trip defeating his opponent 3-1, I realize its gonna get tougher, I didn't expect Trip to be here, or anybody else for that matter, so I knew it was gonna be tough, but they're even stronger than before, but so am I, and I'm not gonna lose, and if I do, I lose going down in a fight to the finish, "NidoQueen is unable to battle, Serpior is the winner, and the winner is Trip, as the 1st round comes to an end". The crowd cheers, "Now, its time to find out the matches for the Top 32 for tomorrow, as they will also be 3 on 3", the announcer says as our pictures appear, and start randomizing, "we saw alot of great action today, who will face who in the 2nd round?", I wonder that also. The pictures stop shuffling and Im going up against another unknown trainer, while Barry is facing Astrid, '... poor Barry, he's got no idea what's gonna happen, I do', as I remember Astrid using Mega Evolution, if she uses that, she'll beat Barry. I look and Paul is also up against an unknown trainer, while Trip faces Cameron, and Sawyer is against Nando.

"Alright, and their are our 2nd matches, as they will begin at 10 am sharp, don't be late for another action packed day if the Kanto League", says the announcer, "so Ash, you nervous to facing one of them in later rounds?", asks Dawn, "nah, not really, it'll be fun, besides, I really wanna face them, show them how strong I am, I say as I touch my jacket, where my Mega Ring is, "C'mon, let's get some food, I'm starving".

[Timeskip]
After eating, me and Serena decided to go for a walk, and we had fun, just us, the way we wanted it to be, andnI know she's enjoying our time together, "hey Ash?", "yeah Serena", "I wanna say something", "go ahead". She pauses, and she takes a breath, "I love you Ash, I wanna spend the rest of my life with you", that caught me, off guard, I was happy, but kinda shocked, "I love you too Serena, with all my heart, nothing is gonna change that", I say as I hug Serena. "Oh Ash, please, don't let me go", she hugs back, "I promise, im not going anywhere, at all", I say, "Serena, when I wasn't with you when I was training, I wanted to quit, because you weren't their, but I kept going, to be able to be with you, show how strong I've become", she smiles, "so, you ready for tomorrow?", Serena asks, "actully, no, I need to prepare", "then, let's head out and you get ready" "alright then, lets go".

[Timeskip]
I find out my opponents name is Jake, he's from Sandgem Town in Sinnoh and he has tough-looking pokemon, it ain't gonna be easy, especially with his Infernape, but it's nothing I can't handle, I just gotta figure out which other Pokemon he'll use, I dont wanna go in with the wrong pokemon. "Hey Ashy-boy, looking up your opponent?", Gary says,"yeah, I wanna be prepared to face him tomorrow, what about you? Are you gonna do the same thing?", I say, "yup, even though I saw his battle, I need to know which other pokemon he has, it'll give me an advantage". He uses the computer, which got me thinking, should I tell him, or should I wait, Gary's my best friend, he's like a brother to me, if anything, I know he'll understand, "you ok Ash?", "huh, yeah, im fine, just thinking", "about what?", I look to the ceiling, "well, while training, I had a decision to make, and I made it, but im afraid my mom and friends will try to stop me from doing it", I say, "and what would that be Ash?". I close my eyes for a few seconds, "I made a decision that this is and would be my last League Tournament, win or lose", I say, "woah, that's a big decision Ash", Gary says, "I know, but, I can't keep doing what I do forever, and you know that", "yeah, I do... does this have anything to do with Serena?". "Yes, it does... I love her Gary, and I wanna be with her", he looks, but he smiles, "I understand, you wanna settle down, I get it, and you wanna start a family with her, right Ashy-boy", he says smiling that evil grin, "yeah, in the future, maybe in a few years", "I say do it, this happens to everybody at one point in time, it's your turn Ash".

[Timeskip]

It's already midnight, and im in my room, awake as I can be, but Serena is asleep, so is Pikachu, who's in Serena's arms, and let's jusy say, im jealous, that should be me. After I told Gary about me settling down, we went to our rooms, and thats were we are now, as soon as I walked in, me and Serena decided to fall asleep, but it's hard for me right now, I gotta tell mom, Prof. Oak, and my friends about the decision I've made, and I know mom's gonna be happy, but what about my friends, they might try to talk me out of it, which makes me nervous. I don't want them to make my decision for me, I made it already, and Serena makes me happy, and it's a happiness I never felt before, because with her, I feel safe, with her, it feels right, I mean, I liked May, but she picked Drew over me, and yes I was heart-broken, but I got over it, I didn't have feelings from then on, until I met Serena in Kalos, and it felt right, from the moment we touched hands, I felt a thunderous lightning go through my body, like, fate was telling me she's the one. I don't know why it happened like that, but it did, and I wouldn't change how we met, and how we fell in love.