Ch. 8 Gary & Astrid

Paul pov
"Cloyster is unable to battle, Electivire is the winner, trainer, choose your last pokemon", says the referee as I defeat his Cloyster with Electivire. I studied him and he uses Water/Ice type Pokemon, so I came prepared, but I do admit, he has caught me off guard, he took out Torterra after I took out his Blastoise. "Alright then, Go Glalie", he says as a light blue headed pokemon with horns appears,  "Electivire return", I say, "Magmortar, stand by for battle", I say as my Magmortar appears, "begin", "Glalie, use Blizzard", says my opponent, as Glalie releases a snow storm around the stadium, "Use Flamethrower, go". Magmortar fires it's attack, and hits Glalie, "Now, Glalie, use Water Pulse", "Magmortar, counter with Rock Tomb', I says as 10 ft. rocks appear, "Jump, I say quickly", and Magmortar jumps, and just in time also, as Water Pulse broke though Rock Tomb, "huh? Where'd it go?", "Now, use Fire Blast", I say as Magmortar fires his attack, which KOs Glalie, "Glalie is unable to battle, Magmortar is the winner, and the winner is Paul from Veilstone City in the Sinnoh Region".

Gary pov
It had been awhile since my match, and Paul just finished his, so I wanna congratulate him on his win, it was an impressive outing on his part, he really knows what to do and when to take advantage. I head down to thw locker room, only to bump into somebody, "gee, you ok? Im sorry, I didn't see you", I say, as I offer my hand, "let me help you up", and she takes it, "thank you, I wasn't looking either, so it's ok", she says as she looks up, and when she does, I see her purple eye's, with her blonde-hair. I look into her eyes and can't help but be memorized, she's beautiful, she's looking at me also, and she's looking into my eye's, "hi, im Gary, nice to meet ya", I say, "I'm Astrid, good to meet you", she says, "yeah, I'm sorry i bumped into tou, I didn't see ya", "yeah, same goes here, im actully trying to find a friend", "yeah, who?", "that Ash Ketchum, I wanna congratulate him on his victory", "wait, you know Ash?", "yeah, we met out in Kalos, how do you know him?", "he's my best friend since we were kids", "wow, really?", "yeah, and he would be in the stands with his friends and his mother","ahh, I see". I look at each other, "that was an impressive win you had earlier Gary", "thanks, its been a few ywars since I've done anything like this", "really? How come?", "well, about 5 years ago, Ash defeated me in the Silver Conference Top 16, but I had already knew I wanted to be a PkMn Researcher", "wow, a researcher huh, im impressed", she says, "thanks, what abour you?", "this would be my 2nd League tournament, quickly rose through the ranks, and im an Ace Trainer", "wow, nice, high-ranked", I say as she smiles, "thanks, listen, tell Ash I say congratulations on his win, I gotta go, my match is almost next", "yeah, I'll tell him, good luck Astrid", I say smiling, "thanks Gary", say winks at me and walks away.