e l e v e n

March 11, 2017 | 10:36 am

JUNGKOOK

⸰ ° ‣

THE sound of constant tapping on my window was what woke me up from my deep, peace slumber. I groaned and moved around in the comforts of my head, the annoying tapping already putting me in a bad mood. I squinted my eyes open to see what the noise was caused from.

I automatically got up from my bed once I saw Hoseok hanging on to the tree branch again for dear life while tapping the window like a crazy person. Once Hoseok has realized that i'm now awake, he smiled gleefully and waved his hand hysterically causing for him to almost fall.

I mentally face palmed myself before crawling out of bed. I walked over to the window and opened it.

"What are you doing?! You could've just ranged the doorbell like any normal person would."

"Yeah I know, but it's more fun this way!"

"What? It's more fun for you to have a possibility of killing yourself?!" I rolled my eyes once Hoseok got in from through the window. "You're honestly impossible."

"So what's for breakfast?" Hoseok causally asked as he began to make his way towards the bedroom door.

"Where do you think you're going?" I chuckled with amusement.

"Oh, i'm going to the kitchen. Your mom makes the best food, honestly." Hoseok said, grinning as he patted his stomach with his hand.

"Ugh. Okay just wait here, i'm going to freshen up. Don't go anywhere, I repeat, don't go anywhere!" I warned before going over to the bathroom.

A few minutes later of using the bathroom to make myself feel more fresh and awake, I walk out only to be met of an empty room. Hoseok clearly didn't listen to my instructions and most likely went downstairs to the kitchen. I groaned inwardly and threw my towel on my bed, making my way downstairs. Voices of laughter filled my ears once I had entered the kitchen. My mom was cooking breakfast while Hoseok was seated down on the floor, enjoying his food. Deciding not to cause a scene by scolding the boy, I walked over to the table and sat down as well before saying a quick good morning to my mother.

"Hi Kookie!" Hoseok happily said once he swallowed the eggs that were in his mouth.

"Uh, don't 'hey Kookie' me. You didn't listen to the simple instructions I gave you."

"I'm sorry but your moms food-"

"Yeah I dont care, just finish eating."

"Jeon Jungkook! Is that a way to talk to a guest?" My mother suddenly said, scolding me. I sighed and looked up at her.

"Ma! It's just Hoseok! He's fine if I speak to him this way. Right Hoseok?" I said looking over to him, giving him a quick glare making him quickly nod his head agreeing with me. I smiled in satisfaction before digging into my food.

Once we had satisfied our grumbling stomachs with breakfast my mother had made, we both suggested that we should go outside for a walk to help ease our stomachs and just simply get some fresh air.

"It's such a beautiful day today, isn't it?" Hoseok commented as we walked side by side. I hummed quietly with a nod, enjoying the feeling of the cool breeze brushing against my skin. It's been a while since I had a walk outside and it felt great to just enjoy the fresh feeling.

"What was he like?"

I quickly looked over at Hoseok who was already looking back at me with wounder.

"Who was who like?" I pathetically asked when I knew what he was talking about.

"Min Yoongi."

"Ah. He was a good person."

"That's it you're going to tell me? That's pathetic." I rolled my eyes at Hoseok as he said so, chuckling quietly.

"Yoongi was the type of person everyone wanted to be friends with. He was caring, intelligent, talented, and had a great sense of humor. He was everything you wanted in a friend," I walked over to the bridge, leaning my body against the railing as I admired the shimmering lake. "He displayed a smile for me, or anyone else, even when he was hurting the most. He didn't want anyone to feel sad like how he did." I frowned slightly at the thought of my best friend who no longer lived to be by my side. "He did everything to make me happy. Even at 2 am in the morning he'd come over to make sure I was alright. He was my best friend, Hoseok. No one could ever replace him. He just has that special place in my heart." I didn't realize that tears were slipping through my eyes until I felt one fall onto my knuckle. I quickly wiped them away then looked back at Hoseok with a light chuckle. "Anyways, let's continue our walk, yeah?"

Hoseok simply nodded his head as we continued our walk.

"Yoongi sounds like a cool person. I wouldn't mind being friends with him." Hoseok smiled brightly, lightly skipping beside me as I walked.

"Mhm, you guys would've been good friends."

"Look! An ice cream booth, let's go!" Hoseok excitedly said, thankfully changing the subject as he dragged me by my arm. I followed close behind the excited boy, lightly jogging as he urged me to move faster.

"One strawberry and one chocolate cone please." Hoseok told the man as he took out his money.

"Hey it's fine, I'll just pay for them."

"No its okay, it doesnt even cost much anyways but next time you can pay if you really want to."

"Yeah yeah, fine." I mumbled as I took my ice cream cone from the man, quickly saying a 'thank you' before walking off to the closest bench. Once I had sat down, I was accompanied by Hoseok who sat right beside me. We both sat in silence as we licked our ice creams, watching people walking past us. It was a comfortable silence which fell upon us, and it felt great.

Once I had finished my ice cream, a few minutes later, realization soon hits me.

"Hoseok! How'd you know my favourite ice cream flavour was? I don't remember telling you that my favourite flavour was chocolate."

"No you did tell me Jungkook. I remember."

I stared at Hoseok with confusion as I tried to remember myself telling him that my favourite flavour was in fact chocolate.

"Maybe I did tell you. Aish! I have to start sleeping more. Now i'm beginning to forget things." I huffed as I plopped my elbows on my knees, resting my head on the palms of my hands.

"And your eye bags are getting worse every time I look at you." Hoseok commented making me give him a side way glance, glaring. "I'm kidding!" Hoseok's eyes widened, quickly putting his hands up in defence.

"Shut up, shit face. You get uglier every time I look at you." I mumbled, a small smiling beginning to tug on the corner of my lips as I watch Hoseok's reaction turn into shock.

"At least I don't look like you." Hoseok gave a disgusted look as he looked at me.

"What did you say?" I said, now getting up from the bench. Hoseok looked up at me, a smirk falling upon his lips.

"I think you heard me, Kookie!" Hoseok quickly said before getting up as well and running away from me. My mouth fell ajar slightly. Once I had comprehended what just happened, I bolted right behind Hoseok, hearing his laughter from all the way where I was.

"Jung Hosoek! Come back here!" I yelled out, a wide smile now plastered on my face as I chased down the speedy boy.

Up until now, the moment I was chasing Hoseok, I haven't realized that I haven't smiled like this in a very long time.

And it felt good to smile like this once again.