Chapter 2 - Reincarnated

New York, 21st century

Crystal felt immense pain. Even in hell, she could feel pain. After a moment, she opened her eyes. Her eyes were blinded by the bright light and she immediately shut her eyes. After some time, she slowly opened them again. When she was finally getting used to the sharp light, she tried to sit up from the bed.

Where am I? Didn't I die?

Crystal blinked her eyes several times and checked out her surroundings.

What the h*ll is this place?

There were many unfamiliar things around her. Her eyes spotted a squared form which was see-through so that you could see the sky. The bed she was laying on was surprisingly very soft.

Then her head stung from pain as she tightly shut her eyes. She raised her hands on each side of her head and covered her ears. Crystal screamed in pain as she passed out.

"Doctor Wu, how is she?" A manly voice asked the doctor who was in charge of his beloved daughter. The doctor said, "Everything is fine with her but she will experience some complications from the surgery".

Crystal felt something was stroking her head. Anna, the mother of Crystal, cried when she heard this. Her poor daughter...

Rose stopped stroking her sister's head who was laying on the hospital bed and clenched her fists in anger. "What complications?", Rose asked. The doctor sadly looked at the young woman who was asleep and tried hard to mask his emotions. "It's hard to say whether she will have these complications because it depends on the patient. The patient can have temporally or forever memory loss and the patient can feel some dizziness sometimes. The patient can also become infertile...". Doctor Wu explained.

Rose bit her rosy lips as she sadly stared at her younger sister. Crystal was in a car accident a few months ago and she had been in coma since yesterday. When they were informed that she finally woke up, they rushed to visit her. Her sister has been in deep sleep since then.

Crystal slightly moved her fingers as she heard strange voices. Her breathing became heavy and she slowly opened her eyes. She saw the white ceiling as she blinked.

Jeremy glanced at his youngest daughter and found her blinking. "Crystal!", he lovingly called out her name and went to her side. He immediately placed all of his attention on her. Crystal blankly stared at the unfamiliar man in front of her. She tried to talk but her throat was extremely dry.

"W-water", she whispered. Anna hastily poured water in the glass from the mug on the table when she heard her youngest daughter's request. Anna shakily held the glass of water and helped Crystal drinking it. Jeremy held his daughter nape upwards as Crystal sipped on the glass.

When she was finally done, Jeremy laid her down again. Crystal breathed and silently stared at the people in the room. She observed the unknown two unknown men and two unknown women. The man who was beside her had dark hair and brown eyes and the woman who fed her water had blonde hair with blue eyes. Both of them seemed to be in their fifties. The younger woman had blonde hair and blue eyes and the other man seemed to be in his early thirties.

"W-who are you?" Crystal looked at the man beside her. The man looked at her in shock and said with a hint of worry, "I'm your father don't you remember me?"

Crystal blinked as Rose pointed at herself. "Do you remember me?" Crystal shook her head. Rose's expression darkened then she pointed at Anna, their mother. "Do you remember her?" Crystal stared at Anna, trying to remember the gorgeous woman. "... no", she answered. Anna paled and mumbled something. Rose seemed like she had seen a ghost. "Oh god...", Jeremy whispered.

Doctor Wu frowned and did some check up on crystal. He asked her some questions and afterward, he turned to face her family members. "It seems like Crystal has memory loss", Doctor Wu announced. Despite guessing this, the family was still caught in shock.

When everyone finally left Crystal's hospital room, she tried to absorb the information Anna, Jeremy and Rose told her. They told her everything. They told her about Crystal's life from the beginning to the end.

Apparently, Crystal has been reincarnated into a young woman in the 21st century who had the same name as her. The former Crystal was a total spoiled brat and she came from a wealthy family. The family was old money which means they had been rich from generations.

The original Crystal was married to a successful businessman who had a great influence in the business world. He was none other than Jason Knight. They had an arranged marriage that his grandfather and her grandfather planned before they were even born. Originally, Rose was supposed to marry Jason but she strongly denied marrying him because she was in love with her now-husband Richard. They now have two beautiful twins named Ryan and Riley. Since Rose and Jason didn't work out, therefore, the grandfathers set their eyes on the youngest daughter of the King family, Crystal.

Crystal was already in love with Jason from before and thus didn't mind being married to him. She didn't expect their marriage to become such a failure. In the beginning, Jason respected her and treated her fairly but when she became possessive and jealous every time she saw him with a woman, he distanced himself. He had tried to explain to her that there was nothing between him and other women, but she didn't believe him. She would give all of the female employees a scornful and hateful glare whenever she entered the Knight company building.

She went to far one time when she attacked his secretary when she saw them together at the banquet. The secretary was just touching Jason's shoulder then hell broke loose. He had enough. She was too unreasonable. From then on he would not come home unless his grandfather threatened him to go back to their house. Months went by like that and Crystal grew depressed. She never longer saw him home and tried calling him but he wouldn't answer.

While she was busy contacting him but failing every time, he drowned himself in work. When he finally visited home, she pleaded him to stay but he wouldn't listen. They argued and fought. In anger, she ran out of the house and madly drove away. Little did she know that a drunken driver would crash into her car.

While Crystal was lost in her thoughts, she failed to detect a strikingly handsome man observing her from the door.