chapter 5

I throw my hair into a messy ponytail. Dressed casually than my normal workday outfits that consisted of dresses. We were just going to breakfast for Wyatt, not some fancy restaurant. I was in an oversized college hoodie possibly one of Wyatts, mom jeans, and white converse.

"Axel, come on" I call out, he jumps into my arms and I swing him around as I exit my room "Oops sorry" I stumble back running into Connor.

"It's all good" he gives me a smile stabilizing me quickly before the three of us all head downstairs.

"Uncle Wyatt!" Axel screams as we enter the main area of the house.

"Took you long enough, I was wondering if I was gonna get a birthday breakfast," Wyatt smiles sliding his wallet into his back pocket.

"Will you hush it? I'm already paying," Connor teases my brother, jabbing his side with his elbow.

"You have the highest paying job in this house" Wyatt deadpans and I stifle a laugh.

"I'm going to suffocate you with a ball of socks" Connor closes the front door behind him and Wyatt unlocks his car. I slide into the back of his Range Rover, buckling Axel in his car seat behind the passenger seat.

"I think the best thing we ever did was buy a car seat for all three of our cars" I comment as both boys slide into their seats. Wyatt slides some sunglasses on, Connor doing the same.

"Yea because you'd make me transfer the car seat constantly," Wyatt scoffs. I chuckle as I hand Axel two dinosaurs figures from Wyatt's small box of toys he keeps underneath the driver's seat of his car.

"Do they have pancakes?" Axel asks.

"Yeah Buddy, they do. I'm good friends with the restaurant, I'll even ask to make them into Dinosaurs" Connor says a smile tugging on his lips as he answers a text.

"Oh your gonna use your fame for a kid," Wyatt asks raising an eyebrow at his best friend.

" my kid has a name doofus" I smack Wyatt on the shoulder and he chuckles.

"A cute kid, and yes I am. What's the point of being famous when you don't use some of the perks. I don't usually like to but on the rare occasion, I don't mind it," Connor says dropping his phone into the cup holders.

"Was it hard to transition from a normal life to fame?" I ask, genuinely curious. Connor shrugs lightly.

"I mean sort of, only because we had one song blow up overnight and I think that's the hardest. To get a handle on overnight fame, we definitely weren't ready for it but thankful had a good team behind us to help," He tells me.

I couldn't possibly imagine that kind of pressure at such a fast pace. If anything I'm the person that likes to gradually ease into things so I could understand how Connor and the rest of the band were left in awe over their overnight sensation.

"Oh good, it doesn't look packed," Wyatt says as once we've finally arrived at the diner breakfast place, my brother raves about quite a lot actually.

I chuckle, "Yes, because we all know how much you hate people," I say and Wyatt lifts in a shoulder in a none caring matter. My brother comes off as evil and mean-looking but that's just his CEO mindset and honestly, it's quite scary sometimes.

"Walk ahead of us Grace. I don't want the paparazzi to bomb you, especially having Axel with you" Connor says as I round the car.

"Okay," I agree immediately because there were times were the paparazzi has cornered us, and it's scary. I grab Axel from Wyatt and walking ahead of them.