chapter 9

"Any ideas for Halloween costumes? We could possibly go tonight," I suggest looking at Delilah who sat in the passenger seat of my car.

"It's like Thursday," she points out.

"Oh come on! Halloween spirit" I hit her knee gently.

"What are you going as?" She asks, Axel has been excited about our matching Halloween costumes. He came up with them himself ever since he and Wyatt watched the movie.

"Jesse from toy story. Axel has been obsessed ever since," I chuckle.

"Because of the dinosaur. So he's Woody?" She asks turning to face me. I give her a simple nod. "Are you and Connor going as a costume couple? Cause you know that at the A-list parties no one really dresses up," She tells me. I glance at her and she shrugs.

"Good to know" I chuckle.

"Just thought I would warn you so you don't show up like a doll, that would be tragic," She tells me.

"You need to stop watching those gossip news shows or whatever," I tell her and she laughs.

"Anyways, I approve, you know"

"Pardon?" I ask confused

"With Connor. He hasn't always had the best deals of girlfriends. You know cause he's the hot leader of a hot new band the band manager made him date girls that were like hoes" She tells me and I look between Delilah and the road. I turn my blinker on as I pull into the long wrap-around driveway. Connor was just stepping out of the car, Axel on his hip.

"Thank you?" I say more in a questioning tone, Delilah gives me a smile before she slowly slides out as I make my way around the white Range Rover. I pull back on Delilah's hair, tying it back with my extra hair tie. "I'm telling you, you have to show that beautiful face of yours," I tell her with a small wink. She rolls her eyes at me.

"Hey" Connor greets us with a smile as he kicks open the front door open quickly after unlocking it. Connor strips off Delilah's backpack as I pick up Axel and sit him on my lap on the couch.

"Can I talk to you?" I hear Delilah ask Connor.

"Of course, music room," Connor says, he glances at me and I nod my head at him, giving him a smile.

"Axel how was daycare?" I ask as I take his backpack off.

He claps his hands "we going to see fish in tanks!" He exclaims. I smile as he crawls off me and puts his backpack on the coffee table beginning to unzip it.

"Oh really?" I smile, he nods "that sounds like fun. Maybe Uncle Wyatt could go too if I'm busy" he nods and pulls out a new book. He always brings home at least one new book for me to read, or for us to read together. It depends though because sometimes he brings four-year-old appropriate chapter books and other times its just picture books.

"Want me to read it or?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Just pictures" He points to a page as he opens it up, I laugh.

"Okay buddy" I ruffle his hair and kiss his forehead. I hear a door open and glance up at Delilah who was walking towards the stairs with a pained look.

"Hey, pretty lady want a snack?" I ask Delilah but she ignores me and walks upstairs, head down. I sigh as I stand up and tug on my blouse as Connor walks into the main area of the house. "Now you've done it," I joke to Connor as I step around Axel.

"She's fine, just wanted to tell me something," he says gripping the kitchen counter. I walk over to him.

"How about you go up and take a nap, you look exhausted," I comment as I nudge him with my hand, he chuckles and turns to lean back on the counter.