chapter 28

"I can't believe he's taking you to Hawaii, I have to house sit with your brother" I roll my eyes at Kennedy. "But I saw it coming so," She shrugs and I laugh.

"Should I leave Axel?" I sigh. I've gone back and forth about Axel coming, I've never been away from him and it kind of scares me.

"Should you leave Axel? Are you debating on not going to Hawaii? Grace honey this is your first trip without Axel, Okay you deserve a break," Kennedy shakes her head at me, the door opens and Wyatt flops on my bed. "Tell your sister she deserves this break," She turns to my brother.

"As much as I don't wanna admit it, Gracie you do. Okay, you went to college, got pregnant, had Axel. Raised him without the help of our parents, even graduated and still maintained good grades. Moved across the country and started a job. You deserve it more than any fucking person," Wyatt agrees, which is shocking because they hardly agree, Kennedy nods.

"I've just never left Axel," I say.

"Seriously? I'll be here, Kennedy will be here twenty-four seven, the teens will be around, and Harrison will come and go so it's not like he won't have fun," Kennedy shrugs.

I sigh and place another romper into my suitcase "Okay," I say, they're right, I deserve a break but that doesn't mean I won't miss him.

"Thank you" my best friend smiles with relief and continues to help me with my packing.

A couple of hours later were standing by the front door saying goodbye to everyone. "Have fun!"Delilah smiles, hugging me. Connor and I were getting ready to leave for our flight.

"Ready?" Connor asks, I nod and he kisses my head and we headed for the Uber that was waiting for us. We made it to the airport and checked our bags and went through security, Connor was spotted a couple of times but neither of us minded that they wanted to take pictures. We were seated at the gate when I got a text from Harrison, along with two pictures he had sent me. He's watching Axel for a few days since he's home.

Harrison~ Axel and I wanted to send you off to Hawaii the right way! Have fun on your trip! This guy will be home on Sunday, we went to the park with one of my teammate's kids and they had a great time! Safe travels!

"Well that's adorable," Connor says beside me as we peer down at the pictures of him and Axel, and Axel and another little boy who I assume is one of Harrison's teammate's kids.

"He says Axel will be back home on Sunday so I guess he's coming home before going to Texas," I say snuggling closer to Connor, he kisses the top of my head as I lock my phone.

"You know I love you right" he whispers in my ear.

"Of course," I reply and he chuckles before kissing my cheek. We land in Hawaii, the sun beaming down on us immediately five hours later. Connor had rented a car for the time being so we were able to leave the airport quite easily.  "Connor" I giggle as he picks me up bridal style. My bags dropped from my hands and onto the ground as we entered our villa.

"Come on beauty" he kisses my cheek and leads me into the villa. "Holy shit," he says as he gently places me on the ground.

"This is nice" the two of us look around the villa, Connor whistles appreciating the view.

"Check the view out while I grab the bags" he suggests. I nod and I walk through what seems to be the living room and open the back door. The sun was just starting to rise, the villa was on the beach, but still had a pool that looked over the beach.

I walk back inside, leaving the door open to let in the light. I notice the double doors open, leading to the bedroom. I walk into it to see Connor setting the bags down. I wrap my arm around his waist and he kisses my forehead.