chapter 7

"Hello?" I lean back in my chair as I finished my last student before lunch, I was jam-packed all day.

"Hey!" I could hear Wyatt smiling. He was in Florida meeting up with another company branch that worked there.

"How's Florida?" I ask.

"Busy," he sighs with a groan.

"Well you're there on a business trip," I deadpan

"I know but I thought I'd have a bit of fun," He says and I roll my eyes.

"Always a partier," I muse cleaning my desk a bit.

"Of course," He says in a duh tone and we chuckle. It's been weeks since the concert and things were certainly busy as September turned into October.

"So how are you?" He asks.

"Okay, busy as per usual," I shrug, that was for damn sure.

"And Connor? He hasn't answered any of my calls"

"He's busy with a third album and interviews and you know celebrity shit," I say because he actually was. After their LA concert, their third album was released a couple of weeks later which meant the band would be busy all over again, Connor is hardly home, and when he is, he's either asleep or eating. My brother chuckles.

"Of course, hey I gotta get going but I thought I'd check in," He says as I hear a couple of cars honking in the background of our phone call.

"Yea yea okay. I'll talk to you later. Love you," I tell him as I put a pen in my pen holder.

"Love you too," he says before hanging up. My door opens and Kennedy leans on my door, swinging it back and forth gently.

"Wanna get Lunch with Keegan and Connor? They tried to call you but I said I heard you on the phone with Wyatt," She asks, I check the time quickly as I stand up.

"Yeah sure," I say pushing my phone into my back pocket. Now that summer was ending, the temperature has gotten a bit colder but it's California and it hardly ever gets cold especially since I've lived in New York my entire life and when summer ends, the fall and winter temperatures are brutal.

"Great because they're already here" Kennedy smiles as I pass her, I roll my eyes as we walk out of our offices and towards the front door where Connor's car was parked just by the stairs. I slide into the passenger seat, Connor and I smiling at each other as Kennedy slides into the back.

"Did you guys just come back from an interview?" I ask as Connor begins to pull out of the school parking lot, they nod.

"Looks like it because Keegan doesn't always dress uh well," Kennedy jokes and I smile.

"You're just so nice Kenny," Keegan mocks her and I hear a single slap.

"Hey, it's one of my main specialties" Kennedy grumbles, I laugh as I check my phone from emails.

"Guys it's almost Halloween. I wanted to let you know that I'm throwing a party and everyone is invited," Keegan speaks up, I see him lean in between Connor and me.

"is it really?" I ask completely forgetting that Halloween is so soon, Keegan nods. "That means Axel will be asking to go costume shopping soon," I say to myself.

"Get Wyatt or Delilah to babysit him," Keegan nudges me.

"Ya get Delilah to babysit him," Connor agrees with a head nod.

"You really like your parties Keegan don't you?" I ask turning in my seat to face him, he was leaning back in his seat.

"Hell yeah, I do" He winks at me, I shake my head and turn back in my seat as Connor pulls into Red Lobster. We all slide out walking towards the restaurant, Connor comes up beside me, holding out the door for me, I try to hide my blush as he flashes me a small smile after I thank him.