chapter 22

It's been a busy couple of weeks. Harrison has been here in California for the last couple of weeks, only because he's in his off-season and spring training doesn't start for a bit. While he's been here we met up with our lawyers which was an easy thing to get down, Harrison has gotten to spend lots of time with Axel which they both like.

Connor and the band were busy at the studio twenty-four-seven, he rarely comes home, and when he does it's for about five minutes to change and eat and back to the studio. Wyatt has been all over the country doing whatever it is he does for work.

"Alright see you soon Tommy," I smile at one of my students as they walk out my door. I sit back down at my desk and receive a text from Connor.

Connor Cage~ Turn on sports! :)

I grab my laptop and go to the sports live stream." So Harrison, there has been speculation that you're being traded," a reporter asks. Kennedy walks in and I wave her over, she rushes over. That girl lives for gossip and drama, I think she follows every gossip account out there.

"Yea actually I've talked to my coaches and the team about what's going on in the last couple of weeks and we think it's best. The Mets are very supportive and I thank them for everything that they have done for me," Harrison turns his head and a smile breaks out on his face.

The room of reporters aw "Everyone, meet my son, Axel" He sets Axel on his lap, he looks around and shy's away a bit and I laugh. Harrison touched base on this media outing and we went over it with his manager and I agreed because either way, Axel will be in the media, whether it be from Axel or Connor. The three of us talked about it for a good two hours, of course, we want to respect his privacy but that obviously won't be happening, not with our situation so we decided for Harrison to officially introduce Axel into the media. As a mother, I'm shitting bricks because now my child will never have any privacy and I just hope I did the right thing, but parenting is a learning curve, they don't give you a to-do list on how to parent.

"So tell us, what team are you being traded into?" A reporter asks.

"Well my family lives here, I was originally born in California and moved to New York. So playing for the LA dodgers is something I've always dreamed about. And now I am" Harrison smiles and tickles Axel and he lets out a giggle.

"Why the sudden need to be traded? You just started with the Mets," A new reporter asks.

"My son lives here. I love him, so I think it's safe to say you'd make any sacrifices you have to do, just to be with your kid even for a minute. And if being traded and moving to California is what I have to do. I'll do it again and again if I have to" Harrison shrugs easily.

"So what about you and Connor Cage?" another reporter asks. That was a given question many people have asked both Connor and Harrison and every time they are polite in their answers and I know people think it's fake but that is far from reality. Both of them respect each other and their roles in my life and I often think if I'm dreaming because they get along so well. I never would have thought that.

"What about him?" Harrison asks, I bite my lip. I don't know why I'm nervous.

"Well, you are the father. And your son's mother happens to be dating Connor Cage."

"Well, that doesn't really seem to faze the two of us. Connor and I get along quite nicely, we know each other's boundaries. I'm not here to win back the mother of my child. If she's happy, she's happy. So be it. I moved back here to watch my son grow up, that's the most important thing in my life, nothing else. Connor and I have talked, I don't see why people need to make a ton of drama out of a situation that never had drama in the first place. Connor is a good man, treating Grace right. Not like me when we were back in college. And plus I really enjoy their music so" Harrison gives them a small lift of his shoulder and soon the questions turned back to baseball, which I was thankful for.