chapter 13

I roll around in bed and my hand hits something, I slowly rise up to see a bundle of flowers. I smile to myself and pick one up. I smell it before twirling it around in my fingers. I slowly push off the covers and grab the flowers before heading down the stairs.

"Hello, beautiful" Connor greets me in the kitchen as he sits at the counter with a cup of coffee.

"These are gorgeous," I tell him standing beside him. "Thank you."

"Much like you and you're welcome," He says leaning forward and kissing my cheek, I blush

"Where is everyone? Especially my son?" I ask as I pull away from him and grab the vase by the sink and begin to fill it up with water.

"He's still asleep with Delilah," He tells me. "And everyone is at breakfast but I thought I'd stay in, I'm not quite feeling it."

"My two boys ain't feeling it," I pout. When Connor and I got back from our date, Wyatt had told me Axel had trouble falling asleep and was starting to feel even warmer than usual. "I should probably get him to the doctors, actually"

"I think there's a clinic nearby, he could just have a cold or something," He suggests.

"Maybe, he usually asks like this when he has a cold. I'll just get him some medicine, I should've picked some up before we left California," I grumble.

"He wasn't that sick when we left, but he'll be okay," Connor assures me as he stands up. I rearrange the flowers inside the vase. Connor steps up behind me, he pulls my hair off my shoulder and kisses my neck.

"Connor," I say finding myself giggling. I feel him smile against my neck as he squeezes my hips. Since he was shirtless his warm body pressed against mine makes me shiver a bit.

He kisses my neck again before pulling away. "Wanna come up and get ready with me?" I ask looking up at him. He nods and lifts me up off the ground and begins to haul me up the stairs, he reminds me to be quiet in case Delilah and Axel are still asleep.

"They are still asleep, should I wake them up?" Connor asks as he stands by the bed and checks his phone quickly.

"Maybe your sister" I suggest with a nod as I go through my suitcase looking for something to wear for the day.

"Okay," he agrees and walks back out. I couldn't help but notice the tattoo on his back. It was a simple rose, that had a petal falling. Much like the emoji.

He comes back and I hear Delilah chuckling "the beast is awake," he tells me and I laugh as he walks over to me. He wraps his arms around my waist and I stand on my tippy toes.

My arms wrap around his waist as well as I look in the mirror "what?" he questions looking back and sees his tattoo.

"What does it mean?" I ask.

"My mom, not stepmom. My mom, she had cancer and every day after school I'd bring her handmade roses. They were terrible but she still loved them either way, it brought a smile to her face and that's all I wanted to do for her, make her happy because I couldn't help her," He tells me with a small sigh.

I kiss him softly "that's sweet, Connor really," I tell him and he smiles.

"I think it's kind of funny that she loved roses and so do you," He says. I smile. Axel had brought me back a red flower from the park once when he was with Wyatt and Connor and Axel called it a rose, I loved it.

"Maybe it's your mom sending you a signal?" I suggest and he chuckles.

He bumps my forehead with his forehead, "Nah, I think you two just have amazing taste," He says before leaning in and kissing me.