Chapter 37: Plan D

Mission: Get Rid of Peyton's crush on Archer

Plan D: Set Him Up

 - () - 

The idea comes to me after the New Year's party, when almost ten different girls hit on Archer in the same hour. Getting a crush on somebody else seems pointless. So, maybe I should do the exact opposite. 

Archer has plenty of people vying for his attention. And if he decides to date one of them, I won't be allowed to like him anymore. 

Not the best of plans, I admit. 

But it's hard to come up with a good plan to get rid of my crush on Archer, especially when my feelings for him just get stronger every time I come up with one. In fact, during the New Years party, I actually considered telling him about it. 

But then I thought of the bittersweet rejection that would come along with it and hid in the bathroom for the rest of the party. 

It's time for Plan D: Set Archer Up by making a dating profile. 

I decide to go a website called kissyface.com because I watch the advertisements on TV all the time. "Successful" couples grin at me from their home page. My stomach squirms at the sight. 

After filling out a fake email and some demographics, I move on to the biography. First, they ask me to fill out what they think my (or rather, Archer's) best traits are. 

Oh boy.

Where should I start? 

A List of Archer's Positive Traits 

1) He's hot. Although this isn't the biggest reason I have a crush on him, I'm sure it'll be great for kissyface.com I mean, who can resist those dark eyes and hair? Or that smile - ugh, that smile that makes your day a little brighter every time you see it - he always has? 

2) He's friendly. You can't be just friends with Archer. Meeting him is like meeting fifty different people at the same time, because he just knows so many.

3)  He's strong. And I'm not just talking about him being Captain of the swim team. I'm talking about when he when he got bit by a dog and kept smiling, or when his parents took away his art supplies and he took it in stride. 

4) He's positive. Even the darkest of the storm clouds have a little bit of sunshine with him. 

5) He's artistic. Everything he does has a special twist, or his own secret meaning, from cooking to texting. 

6) His smile. I'm coming back to this one because I love it so much. 

7) He's funny. Although he teases you a lot - 

Oh, whoops. 

I went over the word limit. 

I delete a couple of paragraphs, then click the button to go the next stage, which asks me just the opposite. They want to know about his worst traits. This should be easy. After all, I loathed Archer when I first met him during the summer. 

A List of Archer's Negative Traits: 

1) He can be cocky. 

2) And persistent (but only because he wants to be friends with everyone he meets). 

3) Um. 

4) Why is this suddenly so hard? 

A few months ago, I had a millions reasons to hate him. Looking back on it now, I realize most of the prejudices I held against them are untrue. But still, there should be something, right? Or is my crush so big that I can't even focus on them?