Angel

“It is fun to spend time with you. Just like my Paaru” said Shiva.

“I don’t think everyone thinks the same way.”

He looked confused, to which I gestured him to look at the ‘celebrity’ – my wife Siri who just entered the room. He nodded understandingly and said “We have a lot to talk about and discuss … but first let me introduce myself to my dear sister.”

“Sister!!” Both me and Paaru gasped at the same time.

He laughed and explained. “Paaru is like a sister to Hari. So, his wife Siri is like a sister to me. Isn’t it?” He looked at Siri, who was more than overwhelmed at his inspiring introduction.

“I … I … always wanted to have an elder brother … I am … so … so happy. I can’t thank you enough.” Her eyes were filled with tears.

Paaru was like “Aww … such a cute brother-sister pair.”

I rolled my eyes. But internally I felt happy that she was getting comfortable with them gradually. {Now she won’t feel lonely anymore.}

I let out a sigh, but to my bad luck, Paaru noticed me and gave me a teasing wink. I glared at her. And she stuck out her tongue. I rolled my eyes again, and observed as Shiva examined Siri.

“You are recovering pretty soon. Better than I expected. At this rate, you will be almost normal by day after tomorrow.”

Siri smiled. “Thanks brother! All because of Paaru and you. I am lucky that you are there for me.”

“Don’t thank me. Thank Hari. He was so worried … he made us rush here.”
{Did I say that Shiva was a very good person? I think I should take back my words. When did he start this teasing business? He was not like this before!}

I noticed Paaru smirk. {Oh yes! How could I forget? My Paaru must have trained him.}

“Now don’t blush Hari!” {There she goes! Wait Paaru! I will get my chance soon. Then I won’t spare you!} I threw her a glare and she winked back at me. Siri laughed.
{Ok! So like Seriously! Did she just laugh? And that too because of me??? I cannot believe my eyes and ears.}

“Stop staring at her Hari! You have the whole life to do that. Now if you will pay attention to me, I would like to inform you that Dinner is prepared. So, have it and have a good sleep. Both of you are tired and need rest. See you tomorrow Siri! I will call you tomorrow and then let us decide what to do.”

“What did you decide? What is going on between the two of you?” I asked eagerly, watching them hug each other.

“Girls’ secret. You need not know.”

I sighed and Shiva gave me an understanding nod. “Is she always like this?” I mouthed to him and he smiled and nodded. We both rolled our eyes.

After they left, the house felt empty and silent again. We had our dinner in silence and Siri immediately dozed off after taking the medicines. I too felt tired and did not realise when I fell asleep beside her on the bed.

The next morning, I woke to sunrays piercing my face. As I opened my eyes, I found the bed empty. My heart started beating faster.

“Siri! Siri!” I shouted.

No reply.

“Siri! Where are you?”

The bathroom door opened, steam coming out. I let out a sigh of relief. But immediately my breath hastened.

I saw ‘the angel stepping out of the clouds’. Wrapped in a white towel, which covered her body at right places, yet exposed her beauty to the fullest; the angel stepped out of the vapours which smelled like roses.

The drops sliding down the milky white skin, looked like pearls running down the snow. Her pink lips looked glossy and tempting. Her long eyelashes lifted towards me.

The moment she saw me, her white chubby cheeks turned to a shade of bright red, eyes widened with shock and the next moment, her lashes dropped. She paused for a moment and looked at me again. Her eyes darted to the door behind me and then back to me. I understood that she had forgotten to take her clothes with her before the bath.

But her clothes were in the other room where she used to sleep. And now, she is in my room, which means she had to go all the way to her room to get her clothes. She has no other way but to walk past me, in that attire. And will I let her accomplish her task?

A wave of pleasure rose inside me and I felt my body heat up. {Had I caught up the fever, staying with her? Or is it …}

“I … I … didn’t think you would wake so soon. I … um … clothes …” she stuttered.

“Yeah sure … go on. Take your clothes.” I managed to say, but my actions contradicted my words.