Coffee shop

The whole ride was noisy, with the 2 ladies chattering all the while. Shiva seemed to enjoy it. But my mind was filled with yesterday’s events.

{What is wrong with her? She loves me, that I am sure. But why does she not accept it? What is stopping her from expressing her love to me? What is the reason for her awkward behaviour?}

Many questions flocked my mind and I did not realise that we had reached, until Shiva shook me.

“What are you thinking deeply, Hari?” I shook my head and got down the car.

Siri and Paaru were already heading towards the mall. {Women and their shopping! Why are they so excited about it?} I rolled my eyes and moved towards the mall, with Ganesh in my arms. Shiva joined us after parking the car and took Ganesh into his arms. We decided to sit at the café until the girls finish their job. He bought Ganesh a lolly candy and we ordered coffee for the both of us. I observed the cute baby falling asleep in his father’s arms, while licking on the candy. {Babies are such a cute sight to watch!}

“So … tell me Hari.”

“Hmm?” I looked at him, to find him staring at me, sipping his coffee.

“What is happening between the both of you?”

“Nothing.” I diverted my attention to the people around.

“If you don’t want to tell, fine. But remember that I am your friend and am ready to help you out. After all, I am much more experienced in this matter!” He glanced at Ganesh in his arms.

I smiled. “She says that she hates me.”

“Why so?”

“Because I take good care of her …”

“What?” He looked surprised. I told him everything that happened the previous day.

“… Hmm … She is much complicated than I thought. Do you know about any incident that hurt her … before your marriage?”

I shook my head in a ‘No’.
“She never speaks to me properly. I almost know nothing about her.”

“But still you love her?” He looked amused.

“That is what even I am unable to understand. What is that in her, which makes me love her?”

He let out a small laugh. After a long pause, he spoke again. “She loves you too. But something is stopping her from realising the love. She is purposely confining herself to her boundaries.”

“Hmm. I think so too. But what can we do when she is not opening up?”

“She will open up to you. Let us see what can be done. I guess we have to work harder. She is a unique person.”

“Hey! Look what we bought!” Paaru settled in a seat between Shiva and me, showing her bags.

“How many months’ salary?” Shiva murmured.

“Aww! We didn’t spend that much! You men always exaggerate!” She slapped his shoulder.

Meanwhile, Siri sat beside me, opposite Paaru. Her hands too, full of shopping bags! Paaru took Ganesh into her lap and Shiva went to order her coffee. She glared at me.

“What?” I mouthed. Her eyes pointed towards Siri, who was busy checking her bags. I furrowed my brows.

“Coffee” She mouthed, rolling her eyes.

“Oh!” I turned to Siri.

“Which coffee should I order for you?”

She flashed me a broad smile and answered “Cappuccino with extra cream”.

I got up and ordered her coffee, Shiva was already waiting at the counter. I joined him.

“Why do we have to get it for them?” I murmured.

He smiled. “Get used to it. For us, it is just an extra work. But for them, it is a means of expressing love. And they expect us to do it all the time, especially at public places. Actions like holding their hands etc. will make them happy.”

“Ok! Guruji!” I said, grabbing her coffee and the both of us moved to our table, to find the girls discussing about dresses. I placed the cup before her.

“Yours?” Paaru asked Shiva.

“No, I already had it. You have it. You must be tired with all the moving around.”

“We are not that tired. You have it too.” Paaru made him sip from her cup. Shiva winked at me.

{Wow! There is a lot that I have to learn from him!
Apply it … on Siri.}

I glanced at Siri, who almost finished her coffee. {This soon!! She must have been very tired!
Or nervous.
Why nervous?
Because you were ogling at her.
No way! Why would I do that?
But you were. I could feel your saliva dripping.
Shut up!
Were you too desperate to sip from her cup? Come on! Don’t hesitate. Tell the truth.
I said … SHUT UP!!!}

After Paaru and Shiva finished with their ‘lovey-dovey’ coffee time, we moved towards the parking lot.

################################

Keep smiling.