A hug!?

“Fine! I have my cycles. Now happy?”

She stormed out of the room and it took a while for me to understand what she meant.

{Great! Now you embarrassed both yourself and her.
I was trying to help her. What am I supposed to do now?
Don’t ask me. I have no experience in dealing with such stuff.
As if you were experienced with the rest of the issues.
Oh god! Give me strength to bear with her and her mood swings.
I agree. All the best!}

I went to her room, to check on her. She was on her bed, crying in pain. It hurt me.

“Is there anything I can do to help you?” I asked, sitting beside her bed. She shook her head in a no.

I held her hand. She squeezed my hand, each time her pain increased; and I patted her head. I don’t know when we slept.

Next morning, by the time I woke, she was already getting ready to go to college.

“Feeling better?” I asked and she nodded.

“Thanks.” She surprised me with her unexpected gratitude.

“Why?” I asked confused.

“For being beside me, when I was suffering with pain.”

“It is my responsibility. Your pain is my pain and I will never leave you in any pain. I will be with you, so that you can fight with each of your problems …”

Before I could complete my long speech, she did something unexpected.

SHE HUGGED ME.

{God! Am I dreaming? Is this really happening?}

But before I could confirm whether it really happened or whether I was dreaming; she was gone.

{It must be a dream.
But a really beautiful dream.
Whatever. I doubt whether it will ever happen.
I think it already has happened.
Don’t joke. She could never do that. Because she has no feelings in her.
Of course she has feelings towards you.
Must be negative ones.
No. She loves you.
Don’t give me false hopes.
No. It is true.
Just shut up.}

I got up lazily and got ready to office. Though I had the opportunity to take leave for a few days, what would I do alone at home?

{My dear wife was already gone to college. I seriously don’t understand what she finds so interesting there.
Maybe she is using it as an excuse to escape spending time with you.
You may be right.}

The day passed quickly. I did not get to do much work, since I had to clearly narrate to everyone about my ‘achievement’.

{Why are they treating me like a lord? I just did my job. They need not praise me so much. Even my boss … his happiness is also as unbearable, as his anger.} So, I practically bluffed all day.

By evening, my head was bursting. {Chit-chatting is seriously a tiring job. It drains so much of our energy and ultimately there would be no fruitful result. I wonder why women chat so much. Won’t they suffer from headache?}

Unlocking the door of home, I had rushed into the kitchen to make coffee for myself. Siri was not back from college yet, but she might be here in a few minutes. Keeping the water on stove to boil, I removed my shirt and washed my face with cool water.

Suddenly the door-bell rang. Expecting it to be Siri, I opened the door.

My jaw dropped to floor, as I realised the person standing in front of me.

“Bhoomi!?”

################################

How are you all?
Doing well?
Hope you are enjoying your life.