Married to unmarried

“Err… actually sir, please don’t take trouble, we just came for your help.” Bhoomi spoke nervously, settling in the couch. But Siri was still standing.

“Yes! I will definitely help you. But first tell me what you like to have. We can talk about it over a coffee. Don’t worry, I will make it palatable and assure you that you won’t end up in food poisoning because of me.”
Bhoomi started laughing. I joined in too.

“Excuse me! Can I please use the washroom?” Siri’s voice rang.

“Sure!” I answered. But she did not move.

{Idiot! You have to show her the way to washroom.
But it is her home. She would know it.
Not in front of Bhoomi.
Oh! Right.
Tubelight!}

I led her to the washroom attached to our room. She placed her bag on the bed and murmured something.

“What?” I asked.

She moved closer to me. Her warm breath on my bare chest was heating up my body.

{She is HOT!
Stop drooling over your wife. But yeah! She is hot … in a different way; at the moment. Be careful. She might turn you to ashes with her rage.}

“WEAR YOUR SHIRT!”
She said through gritted teeth and moved into the bathroom swiftly.

I blinked several times to let her words seep into my brain. Finally; when I understood what she meant, a smile danced over my lips. I wore the shirt and moved towards kitchen.

“Are you fine with coffee?” I asked Bhoomi, who answered “Yes sir.”
{Am I a school teacher marking her attendance?}

Siri who came out of the room, looked at me like I have suddenly grown a pair of horns on my head.
{What is with the weird expression?}

I moved to hall with three cups of coffee. There was an awkward silence.

{I am in no mood of initiating the conversation. An argument with man is better than a simple conversation with a woman. Because eventually, the latter might turn into argument, especially in case of a married woman. And well, winning them is not that easy. While we only use facts, they can also use tears. And unfortunately their tears are our weakness.}

“Can we take a leave, sir?”
Bhoomi asked, placing the cup at the counter of kitchen after she narrated the theme of their project.

I nodded and she pulled Siri along with her.

“Thank you for agreeing to help, Sir. Can we meet soon?” I nodded with a smile as both the girls started moving out.

{Wait! Hey! Where are you taking my wife.
How many times should I remind you?
Oh! Yeah! Sorry I forgot. Bhoomi is not supposed to know about us.}

I slumped into the couch, with a sigh, rubbing my temples with my thumb. The door-bell rang and I found a panting Siri in front of me.

“That girl is a question bank. It took all my energy to escape from her and come back.” She said, settling beside me, after grabbing the water bottle.

“How did you convince her?” I asked.

“I told her that I left my bag here.” She answered.
{Hmm … impressive.}

We both were silent for a while. Then she rushed into the bedroom, banging the door behind her.

{Now why is she angry?
Go ask her for yourself.}

Fortunately, the door wasn’t locked. So I went in, to find her back facing me. She was arranging the bed sheets. I wanted to hug her from behind. She looked cute even while angry. I grabbed her arm, but she jerked it away.

“What is your problem?” I was annoyed by now.

“You!” She answered without turning.

“Now what have I done? Is it my mistake if she arrives suddenly? Would I have dreamt that such a situation would occur? You speak like everything is my fault. Next you would go to the extent of accusing me, holding me responsible for the Global warming!”

“May not be Global warming. But you should be responsible for wearing your own shirt! How can you be so shameless?” She hissed, turning around to bump into my chest.

“Shameless? Oh come on! I did not commit any crime to be ashamed of. And by the way, I look good even without shirt.” I smirked, trying to get on her nerves.

“She was looking at you like …” she bit her lip and turned away.

“Well why do you bother? You don’t even spare a glance at me.”

“But you could have informed her that you were married.” {Seriously?}

“Oh! So you want me to announce to the world that I am a ‘married’ husband, to my ‘unmarried’ wife? Did you even realise how awkward it sounds?” I asked.

################################

Finally! Another update.
Don't get angry for delay ... Because I had been through a lot recently.
I had to undergo a surgery.
Anyways ... I am recovering slowly. If you want to know more ... You can read "Me".