Basket and Ball

Firstly, a huge 'THANK YOU' to all the lovely readers who have commented on the previous chapter ... It felt amazing to read your opinions about the characters and the story.
Please do read the note at the end of the chapter too.
Without much delay ... Let us jump into the story further.

************************************
I could not concentrate in office. I was extremely hurt, ... actually my ego was hurt.

But thankfully, there came up some issue, which had to be sorted. {For the first time in my life, I felt glad to have a problem. It gave me a chance to divert my mind from her. See! Problems are not always bad!}

It was 5:30 pm by the time I solved it, and my boss became extremely pleased.

“Great job Hari! I knew you were capable of it. I am letting you off soon. You are newly-wed, right? Enjoy with your wife. And hey! Let me know if you need a leave for your honeymoon. I will grant it.” He smirked and winked.

{Why god? Do you hate me so much?} I sighed and smiled feebly.

“Sir! Actually I have work to finish so I …”

“When I am in a good mood and am giving you permission, utilise it.” He shouted. {This person has anger issues.}

“Sorry sir … and Thank you.” {Even when I did not feel thankful, I thanked him. He is my boss afterall ... Need to do it to keep my job.} I silently packed my stuff and left my desk.

I did not want to go home soon. I don’t know why? But the thought of her made me want to bang my head. I started my car, driving aimlessly.

I stopped at a place, and gazed at the basketball court. It was dark and isolated. This place brought me back my memories. I used to come here in evenings during my college days. I loved the game and was good at it; I even got selected to play at district level. But due to a personal problem, I couldn’t make it. Guess it wasn't meant to be my career. I am happy with my present career though ... But guess I have more scope to progress to further heights.

I opened the metal gate and entered, loosening my tie and unbuttoning the top few buttons of my shirt. {Why not have a game? It can be fun even if I am alone.} I found the ball lying in a corner and grabbed it. The next 1 hour, I was back to my old cheerful self. {Gosh! After marriage, I have lost this side of me. I became more serious. People may call it ‘responsible’. But for me, it is hell. Why am I allowing some lady to control me? Why does she rule my mind?
Because you love her.}

I pushed away the stupid thought and let myself enjoy the game, shooting the ball each time and seeing it go right into the basket. {I never lost anywhere till now. But I don’t know why I am losing after marriage?
Love is all about losing … losing yourself for the one you love.
Stupid mind. Don’t behave like a Romeo!}

The game gave me confidence, that no matter how high and out of reach, the problems are, you can always tackle it with something as simple as a ball. It made me realise that every problem had a simple solution. It only has to be sought with utmost concentration and a bit of skill.

I felt tired and thirsty after a while. My shirt was totally wet with sweat and I was panting for my breath. I leaned on my car.

“Want some drink?” A hot lady approached me with a bottle of water. I smiled and took the bottle from her, gulping down much in one go, ignoring the warning signals of my brain. I was damn thirsty.

But the taste felt … kind of different … something bitter, or sour or … strong!

I looked at her with suspicion and she smirked seductively, moving closer to me. She started unbuttoning my shirt and heat flared up in my body. I blinked as everything around me started flowing like liquid. I shook my head and looked back at her.

{Stop her!}

But my body lost co-ordination with my mind. {WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?}

************************************

Once again, thanks to all my lovely readers for commenting, voting or atleast silently reading the story.

Since quite some time, I have been haphazardly updating as I wished... I regret that.
So I have decided to be more systematic and update once a week ... Preferably on Sundays .... Since I am kind of busy with life. The reason being ....
Well, writing is not my career ... I do it just for the satisfaction of it. So ... I have a career to care of, plus personal life ... Ofcourse!!!

Anyways, please do continue enjoying the story and don't forget to vote and comment. I would love to hear from you.