Chappie 21: I Do Not Have Stage Fright

Momoko POV
I paced in anticipation  my heels clicked the glossed wooden floor.

"You're up." A stage hand told me.

I took a deep breath and stepped center stage as the curtains drew back. A small applause was heard. I look in the front row and there was my family, there were smiling. I looked over again and there was Brick trying to be discreet about his presence. It made me feel calm though knowing he was there, just like he was before. All those feeling left me when I heard the song start.

"You and I walk a fragile line. I have known it all this time.."

Everything came out in that one song. I felt alive and yet empty letting everything go. The crowd was clapping yet I only felt like it was me singing every word to him. The song ended and I was breathing hard. Those scarlet eyes looking right into mine. I closed my eyes to embrace the moment and when I opened them, she was there. Berserk's sitting too close to Brick, hand on his shoulder. She glanced at me and smiled before the curtains closed. I couldn't even hear the complements I was too in shock. I walked off stage as Miyako was next after me. I took off my heels making my way out the auditorium and on the side of the building. I sat on the steps still in a daze.

"Momoko."

I sighed holding in my tears "Leave me alone Brick."

"You disappeared so I got worried." He said carefully

"Why would tell her I was performing tonight?! My family is in the audience!"

"Momo I'm just as confused, I have no idea how she knew or why." He put his hand up in surrender.

I sighed. Even for as low as he stooped, I believed him. In the end I was glad to see him here. Singing is so much easier when he's there.

"Oh yeah!" He pulled a small assortment of red and pink flowers all bound terribly with a red bow.

"Congratulations!" He smiled handing me the flowers.

"You bought these for me?" I took them from his hands noticing how badly and unprofessional they were arranged.

"Well I would of bought some but somebody beat me to the idea so I picked these!" He had a proud look on his face "My neighbor's old anyway."

"You stole these?" I gasped

"What! No! I asked, I promise I asked." He reassured me.

I calm down and look back at the arrangement. "Well you certainly did. These are all different pinks, there are only two white ones and you badly cut off the torns." I leaned over on his shoulder.

"I'm not a florist Momo." He chuckled placing his arm around me.

"You tried though didn't you?"

"Of course."

Part of me wanted to push him off but that familiar warm feeling came back to me and I bare to do it. I'm going crazy, no. I've always been crazy for him.

"Thank you." I smiled "You getting better at this."

"Better at what?" He asked

"This." I gestured vaguely at the both of us.

It took a second to register. "Oh!" He blushed bright red. "You mean it?"

I smiled feeling the familiar comfort "Yeah."

Miyako POV

Momoko ran right passed me wiping her eyes and out the side door of the auditorium. I didn't have time to go after her so I just walked onto the stage. The curtain fell back and was blinded by the light. I heard cheering from a few people I knew and my Grandma.