Dream Lover

The scent of vanilla smacked me in between the eyes as soon as I walked through the doors to Pink Cherry.

The relentless stench of sex was replaced with a light buttery flavor. It was going to take some getting used to. 

I wandered over to the front desk where Kitty was balancing the books. Her hand was rubbing her forehead in small circles.

She glanced up when I approached her.

"Hey," I said while still taking in the new scenery. The stage was pushed all the way to the back and all the shelves were rearranged in alphabetical order. 

"Fancy seeing you here," She gave me a small grin.

"Well, I'm here on business more or less,"

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy," She laughed.

I set my folder on the counter and slid it her way, "Let's hope we can do both,"

She lifted out the plans and looked over them,"This is brilliant but the paperwork-"

"Will be left up to me," I interjected. "You just need to organize the girls and make sure they're ready."

"How long did you work on this?"

She must have noticed the dark circles under my eyes, "A few hours last night." A few hours meaning until the sun came up.

Kitty nodded hesitantly, "Not that I'm ungrateful but why are you doing this?"

Jason's dashing smile flashed through my mind. "I need to prove myself to keep my job and you need heavy penis traffic to keep yours," I watched the doubt flicker in her eyes, "Do we have a deal?"

Kitty sighed, "This is going to be a lot of work."

"But also a lot of fun," I grinned and eventually the corners of her mouth turned to match mine.

"So you're going to need a workspace," Kitty said while rummaging underneath the desk.

"Oh no, the dressing room is fi-"

"Are you kidding? Those bitches make an airport runway seem quiet. We'll set you up in the back," She snatched the keys from the bottom shelf.

"That really isn't necess-"

She held her hand up to stop me, "Look, you're really saving my ass. The least I can do is let you use the office. "

I followed her passed the sea of gathering cherries and gripped my folders to my chest. Kitty pushed through the crowd and barked some orders as we walked.

When we finally made it to the door Kitty wasted no time pushing it open and giving me a big grin, "Welcome to your very own office!"

I willed myself forward and followed her into the room. The shelves were barren and had cobwebs covering the metal bars. Leftover boxes sat untouched in the corner.

Kitty pulled my attention to the old desk now tucked under the window. "Sorry it's a little dusty," She apologized while stacking the papers and releasing a cloud of dust.

"How long has it's been since-"

"A few months," She answered without glancing up, "The cherries needed me in the dressing room with them and no one really wanted the space." I found it difficult to believe but nodded anyway.

I glanced at the bed resting against the wall. The sheets were pulled off and folded next to a few men's shirts. Kitty followed my gaze and hurried over to the bed.

"I haven't really had time to clean up everything yet," She said while scooping up the clothes and shoving them into a nearby closet, "I'll make sure to get to it tomorrow."