A Toast

The music booming from the speakers couldn't mask the uncomfortable feeling in the air. Especially when the spotlight followed the men walking onto the stage a foot in front of us. I struggled to stay focused.

The first must have been the leader, broad shoulders, and confidence in his strut. This was just another night for him. The one who followed him was just barely taller but not even as close to as muscular.

His hair was so dark that it almost looked blue under all the lights. What he didn't have in build he made up in personality, spinning and flashing a grin to the crowd of cheering women. 

My eyes darted across the others until I came to the boy in the back. He was obviously struggling to keep his head up and not stare directly at his feet. The shaggy blonde hair almost hid his lime green eyes. I tried not to smile at his sheepish demeanor. 

Jade elbowed me in the side, "That's Nathan, it's his first night," I figured.

"How old is he?"

"You interested?" 

"Of course not,"

"Right," Jade gave me one of her infamous looks, "He just turned eighteen last week,"I tried to suppress the surprise on my face which she thought was hilarious. 

"Are we seriously about to sit here and watch an infant strip?" I could hear Sarah's laughter from across the table. Her eyes were lined with golden sparkles and her hair was braided back. 

"Relax, Tara, it's not like he isn't legal," Jade tilted her head up in the direction of the dark-haired attention whore, "Besides, we all know he isn't your type," 

"Shut up," I laughed before I remembered who was sitting across from me. Sarah sensed the tension and took it upon herself to fix the issue.

"Waiter!" She waved frantically, "We're gonna need as many shots as possible over here!"

Twenty minutes later and two dances and my liver was practically swimming. Our slurred cheers didn't seem to bother tall dark and handsome as he grinded on the ground.

My muscles finally relaxed and I stopped worrying about who I was sitting with.

Kitty didn't seem to mind the six tequila shots that she drank in the rapid fire either. Her laughter was loud and cheery, unlike how she was when I arrived.

Without even knowing it, I started to feel at home again. That was until the dangerously flirtatious guy took the stage.

He wore a basic white t-shirt and navy jeans. They were nothing special, nothing revealing. Until his song started to play.

His mischievous grin made my heart skip a beat. I started to think that Jade wasn't entirely wrong about her statement.

The dance went on as he stripped off the shirt. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of muscle he actually had.

"He's cute, huh?" Sarah shouted over the music.

I tried not to show too much interest. I didn't know how far they would go.

Jade took it upon herself to further the conversation, "Of course she thinks he is. She's blushing, see?"

"I am not," I rolled my eyes in an attempt to discredit her.

"She is!" Sarah chirped before turning to a swaying Kitty, "What do you think?"

Kitty's eyes wandered over my face, "She totally has the hots for him. Tall, dark-haired, green eyed, how could she resist?"

"What should we do then?" Jade asked.

"Wave the guy over," Her smile with tilted up at one side before taking another sip of her drink.