'Tis the Season to be Merry

"Okay, tell me again why Jason is involved?" Jade asked for the third time in between bites of her burger. The heat finally kicked on and started to warm up Jason's workroom. 

I sighed, "We need his signature."

She looked between me and Kitty, "We can't just forge it?"

"That's illegal," Sarah chimed in from across the room.

Jade rolled her eyes, "Only if we get busted and I don't see Jason checking forms around here."

"It's not that easy," I took a handful of fries and stuffed them into my mouth.

Kitty laughed at my eating habits, "That's so classy."

"I know," I mumbled through the fries. I couldn't help that I wasn't fed all day. After dreaming about Jason I lost my appetite but it came back suddenly with a vengeance. 

"A full mouth is such a turn on,"

Jade took a sip of her soda, "Your brother certainly thought so."

Sarah choked on her milkshake and nearly coughed up a lung. 

"Ew." Kitty scrunched her nose at the image. 

I wanted to be upset for being the punchline but I couldn't keep myself from chuckling.

Kitty shook her head, "I'll make him sign at Christmas. I'll put a bow on it and everything."

"You sure he'll do it?" Sarah asked, "You know how weird he gets about this stuff."

Jade scoffed, "He left. That means he forfeited his right to say no to this."

"Regardless," I said as I kicked my shoes off and tucked my feet onto the bed, "He owns the place and by law, my company needs his signature."

"And we'll get it," Kitty added.

"We better. I'm not working my fingers to the bone for nothing."

Sarah nodded, "Yeah, you're totally gonna tap out my wedding tailor."

"Is that all I am to you people?" Jade waved her burger around as she talked.

I couldn't help but smile, "We appreciate all the sewing you do. It's going to save us a fortune."

"Does Ethan know what he is signing himself on for?" Everyone seemed to get quiet at the mention of his name but Sarah continued, "I mean this is pretty big. The elves, the Santa, not to mention the toys."

"Define know about." I looked anywhere but her eyes.

Jade groaned, "Oh Shit, you haven't told him yet."

"I haven't yet, but I will."

"When?"

I hoped they wouldn't ask, "Next time I speak to him." I knew it might be a while before that happened.

Jade narrowed her eyes, "How long has it been since you last talked to him?" Fuck, she was onto me.

I swallowed and glanced at Sarah and Kitty who were also waiting for my response when the phone rang.

I gave them an apologetic smile and pulled my salvation from my pocket. Speak of the devil, "Hey Ethan,"

The girls sat back in their chairs as I shot them a thumbs up and slipped into the hallway.

"Are you with the new client?" Thankfully, he received my email. 

"I sure am,"

"Wow," I could hear the surprise in his voice, "That's three days in a row."