Two Bows and a Package

"Start talking, blondie," I cornered Sarah in the backroom and nearly knocked the popcorn from her hands.

She stared at me with a mouth full of buttery goodness, "What?" Her words were distorted by the snackage.

"I don't know who the groom is and these two won't tell me," I gestured to Kitty and Jade. They were sewing together the last pieces Adam's outfit.

She swallowed, "Why is this such a big deal?"

"Because I'm a bridesmaid. I need to know."

"Okay, well, Kitty could have told you if you needed to know so bad."

I glanced at Kitty hunched over the red fabric. She didn't bother to look up. Jade, on the other hand, was all smiles.

"Why could she have told me?"

"I mean, she is related to him." My blood ran cold.

Sarah clearly saw me swaying back and forth and decided to take pity on me, "It's her cousin."

Relief hit me in the gut. I glared at Jade, "You knew that and you couldn't just fucking tell me?"

"Whoa," Jade held up her hands, "Sarah asked me not to say anything."

"Why?" This time my anger was directed at whoever could give me an answer.

Sarah spoke up first. "Because I thought you wouldn't come if I told you that Jason would be there."

I felt like I just had a freezing bucket of water dumped on me. I struggled to find something to say so Sarah continued.

"I asked them not to say anything until I could be here and we were a little closer to the date."

I stared into her pale blue eyes, "You thought I wouldn't come to your wedding?"

It was her turn to keep quiet. I sighed, "I would never miss your wedding. Not for anything."

Sarah nodded and ran her finger through her hair, "I know that I just wanted to make sure."

There was a lull in the conversation. The silence filled with the sound of Jade's sewing machine.

"So," I tugged at the hem of my nightie, "How'd you meet him?"

Sarah tucked a piece of her pale hair behind her ear, "He came by a few months ago to visit Kitty. I happened to be working the counter and he was just so charming." Charm must run in the family.

I looked over to Kitty, her hair in dire need of some quality time with pigment. I didn't know anything about her. I assumed her favorite color was pink but I never asked.

I snapped out of the trance and gave Sarah a soft smile, "Well, I can't wait to meet him."

Just as the words left my lips Adam walked in. He was sans shirt and rocking the messy hair look.

"I'm ready for my big debut."

I smirked, "Keep your pants on. It's an hour till opening and the other cherries still aren't here."

"Plus your outfit isn't even finished hot-shot." Jade chimed in. Diligently expressing her inner seamstress.

Adam leaned over to see her work, "Yeah, I can see that you haven't finished the pants."

"No, those are finished."

"There's no butt."

Jade cut the thread on her sewing machine and met his eyes for the first time, "That's kind of the idea."

Kitty giggled as she embroidered 'SC' onto the shirt pocket.

"You're lucky," Sarah said, "At least you have a shirt."

Adam gave her a funny look, "What do you have then?"

Sarah reached behind her on the vanity and produced two small golden Christmas bows. One for each nipple.

Adam tried to hold back his laughter.

"Watch it or you'll be out there with a small cardboard box around your junk," Jade said.

I laughed, "It'll be a Christmas package."

The whole room groaned and Jade threw her leftover fabric at me.