Don't Call Me Baby

I bit my lip. The same lip that I pressed onto Jason's without considering the consequences. A smile appeared before I could stop myself.

Jason glanced down at my stunned expression. His arms pulled me against his torso. His gentle thrust against my thigh earned a gasp.

I glared at him.

"What?" He asked with a smirk, "You started it."

I backed out of his embrace, "I need to go," The longer I put off turning in the papers the more I dreaded the idea.

Jason opened his mouth to protest but I slid passed him before he could. Kitty, who was still busying herself at the counter, watched me make a hasty exit.

"Where are you off to?" She stopped me before I could disappear into the city.

I looked back in time to see Jason resting against the door frame. His curious stare burned holes in my skin.

"To see Ethan," The words felt like acid in my mouth. Jason's warm expression fell and for a moment I thought he would storm off.

He recovered his smile, "Be careful," I looked at Kitty with a worried expression on my face. An angry Jason was one thing but an angry smile set off alarm bells.

Kitty glanced between us and sighed, "Don't forget to call the photographer." She must have decided to stay out of our drama before we even got back.

I nodded and started for the door. To my dismay, Footsteps echoed behind me.

"Wait," Jason caught up to me, "I should stop by,"

"Why?"

Kitty snickered from behind the glass counter. Her passive treatment was starting to work on my nerves. I made a mental note to kick her ass later.

Jason's soft smile formed a pit in my stomach, "To visit an old friend," His poison-laced words sent a chill up my spine.

I opened my mouth to forbid it but he spoke up before I could.

"I'll behave myself," A single wink sparked a fire in my heart.

"Fine," I choked out, "But no fighting," The last part came out as more of a plea.

Jason scoffed, "Deal."

***

The Holidays came and went. For office workers that meant business as usual.

The building buzzed with busy secretaries and new gossip. I hadn't missed the mundane lifestyle. Sarah and Jade would die before joining the ranks of office workers.

Jason followed in my hesitant steps and pressed the button for the elevator.

"Are you going to talk to me?" He asked as I stared anywhere other than at him. The kiss lingered on my lips and despite my best efforts, still sent shock waves through my body. Who was in control here?

"Yes," I boarded the elevator and clutched the papers to my chest, "Why wouldn't I?"

"You were silent the whole walk here," He scoffed. His stubborn stance made it that much harder to ignore the effect he had on me.

I spent the entire trip cursing his name and myself for signing onto another deal.

"There wasn't anything to say,"

He shook his head and laughed, "So you're going to kiss me like that and then clam up?"

A smile twitched at my lips, "Is that a problem?"

The elevator dinged and the doors slid open. Jason paused for a fraction of a second before following me through the maze of desks.

Ethan waited in his office with stacks of paperwork resting on every square inch of his desk.