Dog Park~ Hermione and Star AU

In this AU Star and Hermione are young students and living in the same area as each other. This takes place at a nearby dog park, where Hermione walks her dog often.

(Not my picture, all credits to the artist.)

"Jake! Jaaaake!" Hermione called across the busy park. Her daschund had run further away than she had expected, and she had lost sight of him amongst the other dogs around.

"Jake! Where are you?" She walked down the path, looking around the many open patches of grass around her.

It was a surprisingly pleasant day, and the park was fairly busy as it was the afternoon.

Because of this she was wearing her chunky, yellow sweater. She loved how it contrasted with her light brown skin, and it was perfect for this weather.

"Jaaaake!" Hermione called again, cupping her hands around her mouth. In one hand she carried a dark blue leash, which was swinging wildly in time with her brisk stride.

After a few moments she heard some familiar barking and ran towards the sound.

How she found her dog was quite unexpected. He was a black and tan, so she easily caught sight of him. What was even more noticeable was the girl he was licking the face of enthusiastically.

She was smiling slightly, petting his head as he licked her cheek. She was sitting with her legs out, slightly bent at the knees, on the grass in the shade of a tree with a book by her right side.

The dog was jumping up vigorously as he was rather short so couldn't reach the girl's face, which was resulting in her almost being mauled by the overjoyed dog.

"Jake!" Shouted a shocked Hermione. The dog stopped trying to eat the girl and looked at her, his tail wagging.

"I am so so sorry!" Hermione gasped as she knelt down to put his leash on, and trying to tug him away before he tried to lick the girl again, "I lost sight of him and he isn't normally that enthusiastic.." She was slightly out of breath from running over to them.

"Oh it's quite alright really..nothing to worry about," the girl waved her hand up and down in a gesture of reassurance. She looked awkward and anxious at the same time, flustered slightly at this stranger suddenly approaching her and speaking immediately.

Hermione had managed to get Jake's collar on, but felt she needed to offer an explanation to the poor girl.

"It's just I don't normally see him so..vigorous like that.. he seems to really like you."

She smiled slightly at this, unsure of how to respond to what Hermione had said "I find that animals seem to like me. He was running around nearby when he suddenly almost crashed into me..."

"Oh I am so sorry! He is only 1 years old and he does like to do that the silly thing."

"Well i noticed the collar and he seemed a friendly dog, I reached out to pet him and then he started to lick me..."

"Well again I am sorry for all that. I hope he hasn't caused any trouble. Bye!" Hermione got up and started to tug Jake away.

"Oh no not in the slightest...Bye!"

The next day Hermione was once again walking Jake in the park, and had just let him off the leash.

She noticed how he ran off in a familiar direction, and quickly realise it was the same direction that he had ran off yesterday, and had been found jumping all over a girl.

"Jake you better not..." She whispered to herself. What was the chance he hoped to see the girl again?

Hermione began following after her dog, swiftly changing from walking to jogging as she saw where she was headed.