Mudblood Scar~ Romione

Hermione sat on the floor of the bathroom shower. It was all gloomy because she had the light off, the only light coming from the window in the door.

Where she was sat, she was submerged in dull grey.

She was curled up against the wall, her head leaning against it.

Pulling up her sleeve on her left arm, she stared at the faint letters written along it.

Mudblood.

She felt a tear drop into her cheek. And another. And another.

Before she knew it, an endless stream was flowing down her face. Tears fell onto her sweatshirt and onto her arm. Her vision became blurred and she closed her eyes, once again leaning her head against the wall.

She continued to cry. She cried over how she would be seen as a muggle-born and not as a witch. She cried over how she would have to face all the hate over what she couldn't help. She cried over the fact that the name 'mudblood' would never leave her.

Crying harder, she tried to wipe away the tears but nothing could stop them. She opened her eyes, only to be greeted with the word she hated the most still etched into her skin.

Something inside her shattered and she covered her mouth with her sleeve, hoping to quieten the sob she felt coming. Tears fell onto her sleeve but she neither noticed nor cared.

Hearing movement outside the door she hastily tried to wipe away the tears.

The door opened and light spilled into the dim bathroom.

"...Mione?"

She looked up at him, blinking through the tears. All she could see was a blurred figure.

"R-r-ron?"

"Hermione!" He cried out in shock as he rushed towards her. He knelt down and engulfed her in his embrace.

She stared ahead of her for a few moments in shock, before burying her face into his shoulder.

He gathered her up, holding her bridal-style and sat down on the floor cross-legged.

Hermione clung onto him and he rubbed her back. She began to cry again.

"That's it, get it all out. It's ok," Ron whispered.

At this, Hermione began to sob. He was so sweet.

After a few moments, Hermione quietened down. Ron decided to ask her what was wrong as she pulled away to face him.

Her face screwed up and she looked away.

"Just something stupid," she mumbled.

"Hey, no. C'mon. Tell me," he replied, using his hand to make her look at him.

"Its just," she said as she pulled her uncovered atm towards her. She lay it across her lap and looked down at the scar sadly.

He was looking at her in deep concern before looking where she was looking at.

"Oh. Oh Hermione," he whispered as he realised. He traced his thumb over her arm and then held her close.

"You are so much more than that Mione. So much more."

She mumbled something which he couldn't catch so he loosened his grip.

Looking at him, tears once again began to run down her face.

"No, no I'm not."

"What? Yes you are! You are so smart, so brave. You always know what to do, how to handle situations. You not just a 'halfling' or something Hermione, you're a wonderful friend, and the best girlfriend," he said enthusiastically, before wiping away her tears and adding, "Now don't say stupid things like that ok? I'm the one for that."

Hermione laughed slightly, now smiling.

"Yeah don't take it away from me," Ron chuckled. Hermione laughed again and he was relieved to see she was looking much better.

"Now that's what I want to see! C'mon, I'm hungry."

Hermione smiled as he got up. He helped her stand up and she looked at him, still smiling.

"What priorities you have Ronald."

Before he could reply she had flung her arms around his neck, her face in his shoulder.

He hugged back, glad that she was feeling happier.

They headed out the bathroom together. Thankfully it appeared that no one saw this.

Ron always hated when Hermione was upset about being a muggleborn, and always made sure to make her feel better. He could always tell because she would glance at the arm with the scar on it.

He would cuddle her as soon as he could, no need to say why. She was grateful for this, and she just needed him there to make things better.