Chapter One - The New Girl

Evie's P.O.V -

Ridgeview High School. As of today that will be my reply whenever someone asks what school I go to.
You'd think I'd be used to all the moving by now but this time it's different. This time we're staying and the impressions I make today will follow me for the rest of my time here.

"Don't worry, sweetheart. Everyone will love you."

My dad has always been there for me. Even when he's away for work, he makes sure I'm okay.

"Is it too late to back out?" I ask.

"Don't you want to meet all your new friends as soon as possible?"

I sigh. I can't pass up any chance to make friends. That was never my strong point.

I climb out of the car and shut the door behind me. Dad waves goodbye as he drives away.
I turn to face my battleground. Here we go.

- - -

I sat down on one of the red squishy waiting chairs outside the office, scrolling through Instagram.

"Miss Blake."

I looked up and saw a stern looking receptionist.

"Yes?"

"I have your timetable."

She handed it to me and I thanked her as another woman walked into the waiting room with a boy trailing along behind her.

"Tina, call Flynn Sanders' mother again," she said with a sigh.

Tina the Stern Receptionist looked at Flynn with disappointment. He just stared at his feet.

"It's not even 9am and you're already getting yourself into trouble."

I stand awkwardly watching the scene unfold. This Flynn guy must've thought himself a bad boy.

"Sorry Tina." Ah, so he speaks.

"It's Ms. Greyson to you." She turns to the other woman.

"Miss Woods, could you please deal with this situation yourself. I have to deal with a new student."

"A new student?"

Ms. Greyson points at me and I give a small wave.

"This is Evie Blake, she just moved here from Scotland," Ms. Greyson says.

"Hey," Flynn smiles at me. I can't tell whether it's sincere or not. But if he's like any of the other guys I've met then it's definitely not.

"Hello."

Miss Woods seems to be deep in thought, before suddenly yelling "I have a brilliant idea!"

"Well, what is it?" Ms. Greyson seems to be used to these sorts of outbursts.

"Flynn, I won't call your mother, this time, if you give Evie a little tour."

Cherished ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara