Chapter Thirteen - Intertwined

A/N -
The video here doesn't come in at a certain point of the chapter. I just love this song and feel like it works well with the mood of this chapter.

Evie's P.O.V -

I've noticed that I've been daydreaming a lot lately. I even do it while I'm doing things that should be fun.

"What do you think, Evie?" Angie asks.

"What?"

"Do you like the dress?"

Right, I'm shopping with Angie. I still haven't been back home since that night with Rebecca so Angie suggested that we buy some new stuff so I don't have to keep borrowing from her.

"Oh, it's nice. I like the colour."

She smiles and does a twirl before sashaying back into the changing room to try on something else.

It's funny. I expected that by now I'd be sleeping in Flynn's room with him but I still have to third wheel with Angie and Joseph in her room. I told them I could just sleep on the couch but they were having none of it.

Why am I so unhappy right now?

"Are these jeans okay on me?"

"Yeah, they look great." Now I know how guys feel when they're taken shopping with girls.

"You haven't bought anything yet."

"I'm just not seeing anything I like," I reply nonchalantly.

"What's wrong?" Angie sits down on the chair I've been waiting in next to me.

"I don't know. Everything feels too normal, you know? The only problem I'm having right now is with my dad. Without the drama life gets boring." I feel horrible as I say it but I mean every word.

"Are you bored of Flynn?"

"No! No, no. I didn't mean that. I'm happy with Flynn. I'm happy with how things are. I just feel like this is the calm before the storm."

"You're on edge?"

"Yeah. I'm waiting for chaos to break loose."

That's when my phone starts ringing. I look at it and groan when I see the caller ID.

"Hi Dad."

Angie's eyes widen as she listens.

"Sweet pea. Come home."

"I'm fine where I am, Dad. People need distance sometimes."

"It's been over a month."

"I know. I won't be gone forever."

"Rebecca is worried about you too."

"I'm sure she is," I reply sarcastically.

He doesn't understand it though. "She asks me every day when you're coming home."

"Every day?"

"She lives here now."

"That's great, Dad." My tone is flat. I feel myself tense up.

"Please come home, Evie."

"I'm happier staying with the Sanders'."

"I miss you, pumpkin."

I sigh and rub my forehead.