Chapter Five - Adventure

Evie's P.O.V -

The final bell of the day rang and I rushed towards the door. Sadly I was stopped before I could escape.

"Miss Blake, may I have a moment?"

I sigh and stand back to let my classmates trickle out the door one by one. Once everyone is gone, Mr Gold closes the door.

"I'm concerned about your lack of work."

Jesus, I've been in this class twice and I'm already slacking.

"Is everything alright at home?" he asks.

Why is that always the first conclusion? Trouble at home. There's nothing to cause trouble at home.

"Everything's fine, thanks."

"I just want to let you know I'm here to talk. I don't know how they did it at your old school but..."

Blah blah blah. When will his lecture end? This is the last place I want to be right now.

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket.

"Mr Gold, I appreciate this but my dad is waiting for me." Wow, I didn't know I was so good at lying through my teeth.

"Alright. See you Thursday, Miss Blake."

I leave as quickly as possible and make my way outside before checking my phone.

Sam😊 - I'm srry abt earlier :( x

Don't worry about it.

I turn my phone off before he can reply. I'm really not in the mood for another guy apologising to me and expecting me just to forgive him. Why is every boy I know so clueless?

While I'm lost in my thoughts I manage to crash into someone. I land in a heap on the floor.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." Ah, I recognise that voice.

"Don't worry about it, Angie." She gives me a hand up and I dust myself off.

"Are you okay? You looked like you were in a hurry."

"Uh, yeah. I don't actually know why I'm running. I have nowhere to actually be. I was kind of hoping to find someone though."

"Flynn?"

"What? I dunno. I haven't even thought about him." That's two lies within the space of ten minutes.

"Okay... Do you want to come over and hang out later?"

I smile. "Sure, that sounds fun."

"Can I get your number so we can text?"

"Yep, one second..."

I turn my phone on and see notifications from basically everyone I know. I'll have to reply to those later.

"Okay, it's-" I tell Angie my number and she skips off. Time to see what all the fuss is about.

Paige😜 - Did you find out what the dealio is with Sanders?

I have no idea honestly.