Chapter Two - Ignored

Evie's P.O.V -

"Evie, could you please introduce yourself to the class?"

Oh God. Oh my gosh. I feel like I'm going to throw up. I can't stand in front of my whole new maths class.

"Miss Blake?"

"Y-yeah. Okay."

I shakily stand at the front, my eyes scan the room.

"Hi, I'm Evie Blake. I just moved here from Scotland." I manage to spit out the words before rushing to my seat.

"Thank you, Miss Blake. Alright, today we are-" I stop listening. I've never been interested in maths, I'm not going to use most of this stuff ever again anyway.

"Hey, Evie," a voice whispers.

I turn to face whoever said it and see a girl staring at me with her big brown eyes.

"Yeah?" I whisper back.

"Wanna come to lunch with me? We're going to get noodles."

I thought about it for a moment. I'm in no place to pass up a new friend... or noodles.

"Sure."

I am kind of suspicious though... so far I've only met one sorta nice person here. I say sorta because half the time he ignores me. He's ignoring me right now.

I look over at Flynn and see he's writing notes as our teacher speaks. He looks very into it. Okay, maybe he isn't ignoring me on purpose. Maybe he just likes to focus in class?

The bell rings and I feel like I've gone deaf as everyone makes their way out of the classroom.

"Evie! You coming?" says the girl.

"Yeah. Lead the way."

We talk as we make our way to Dr. Noodles' Noodle Bar. I find out that her name is Paige.
She's pretty short so I have to make an effort to walk slower or I'll lose her.

"So what's Scotland like?" she asks.

"Um, well, we don't all wear kilts and constantly drink Irn Bru. But Irn Bru is an awesome drink."

"Cool."

As we walk into the restaurant I spot Flynn again. It's like I can't escape him.

"Hey Fl-" He walks straight past me without a word.

I turn to Paige. "What's his problem?"

"I don't know. Usually he's really nice. What did you do?"

"What did I do? All I've done is try to be his friend." I glare at the door that he walked out of.

"Oh crap."

"What? What is it?" I ask Paige with worry.

"I was friends with Flynn for a while but after Anna broke up with him he just stopped talking to people. I didn't see him for months."

"Who's Anna?"

"Anna Taylor. She was his girlfriend. They were like the perfect couple until their messy breakup."

"But why would he be mean to me because of that?"

Paige looks down at her feet. "Forget it. I shouldn't have said anything."

"You can't just say that!"

"I'm sorry, Evie, but you're on your own. It's not my place to tell you."