Chapter Twelve - This is Halloween

A/N -
Hello everyone :) we have another chapter where there's a video you can play at a certain bit. You'll probably be able to tell where about you should start playing it.

- - -

Flynn's P.O.V -

My wrist was broken when Evie fell on me and now I have a cast on my arm. Great. Why did she have to be so stubborn?

We arrive back at Evie's house around about midnight. Rebecca is sitting on the porch.

"Stevie, she left."

"What?" her dad replies with shock.

"She packed a bag and ran off."

"That doesn't sound like Evie," I say.

"Who even are you?"

"I'm her b- Her friend."

Rebecca narrows her eyes at me then flicks her hair and goes back to her act.

"I was just trying to calm her down and she told me to get out. I refused and she told me she was going to a friend's house for the night."

Whose house would she go to? Rebecca might be lying about this whole thing but I think Evie has gone somewhere.

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket and I look at it.

Evie😘 - Don't listen to whatever Rebecca says. I'm at your place with Angie x

I put my phone back in my pocket.

"I know where she is, Mr Blake."

"Yes?"

"She went to see my sister, she's just at my house."

"Thank goodness, she's alright."

"Is it okay if I leave now?"

"Go ahead."

He starts talking to Rebecca without looking at me again. Geez, he could've offered me a ride or something. I'll have to walk and leave my car here.

- - -

Evie's P.O.V -

"I'm still not sure what song I should play."

"This one is romantic." Angie points at some sheet music to our left.

"I don't want to cry on stage," I say and laugh.

"I'm pretty sure all of these will make us cry."

"You're right. This one's perfect."

There's a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" Angie calls.

"It's Flynn."

We look at each other and scramble to hide the sheets under her bed. Once we're done she tells him to come in.