Chapter Sixteen - Airplanes

Evie's P.O.V -

Angie and Joseph drop me off at home and I wave goodbye.

As I'm walking up to my front door my dad walks out. He must instantly see my smudged makeup and hopeless expression because he pulls me into a bear hug.

"I have some news," he says.

"Please tell me it's good."

"Depends on the way you look at it."

"What is it?"

"We're moving again."

"What?!" I stop hugging Dad and look up at him. "You said we were staying here for good."

"Plan change, sweetpea. We need to move and I think it'll be good for you to leave all of this behind."

"I'm not ready to leave everything behind."

"Will you ever really feel ready?"

I look down at my shoes and shake my head.

"This will be good. You can meet new people and be happy again."

If only it were that simple, Dad.

"When are we leaving?"

"Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?!"

"I was going to tell you earlier but there just wasn't a right time."

"I'll go pack," I reply defeatedly.

- - -

Angie's P.O.V -

Evie😛 - Hey... I'm moving to England...

What??

Evie😛 - My dad just told me. I'm gonna miss you :(

I'm gonna miss you too 😢

Evie😛 - Can you tell Flynn for me? If I text or call he won't pick up. He deserves to know.

Okay. Bye Evie. We need to still talk even while you're gone x

For sure. Bye x

I can't believe Evie's just going to be gone.

I knock on Flynn's bedroom door.

"Yeah?" He opens the door.

"Can I come in?" He lets me in and I sit down on his bed.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"Is Joseph okay?"

"Yeah. Just let me talk."

Flynn sits down next to me.

"Evie's moving to England."

"Good for her."

"Are you serious? You don't care?"

"I wanted her to disappear and she is."

"I can't believe you."

"I have Anna now."

"Who are you?" I storm out and slam the door behind me. That bastard is heartless towards Evie. It's so unfair.

- - -

Flynn's P.O.V -

I put my head in my hands. Of course I'm upset Evie's leaving, but I shouldn't be. She's just a stupid ex-girlfriend. We never even kissed. It meant nothing. None of it. I should be fine with this. Why aren't I fine with it?

I get a text from Angie.

Angie😈 - She's leaving tomorrow. If you don't go pull a rom-com and stop her before she gets on the plane then I'm going to be pissed.

I sigh and put my phone down next to me. I can't do that. It's not the right thing to do. I have to do the right thing. I have to be the responsible one.

- - -

Evie's P.O.V -

My suitcase is heavy in my hands. I drag it alone behind me, being stopped by the slightest dip in the pavement.

"Are you ready for a nine hour flight?"

I groan at the thought. "Of course I'm not. At least we can watch movies though."

The whole time we're waiting for our plane, all I can think of is the memories I've made here.

I can't imagine a life without Flynn, Angie, Joseph and Johnny. They're my best friends. I'll still be able to text Angie but it's not the same as being together in person and talking.

Every moment I've had with them all flashes before my eyes. The laughter, the fun, the sadness, the arguments. I'd give up anything to relive just one of those moments.

"Lets go, sweetpea."

And with that we walk out to the plane and board it. There is no movie moment where Flynn comes and stops me. There is nobody telling me why I should stay. They're all letting me go.

Fighting for the people you love? I've given up on that. Just like they've given up on me.

It's time to meet some new people to give up on.

- - -

A/N -
Sorry that this chapter was pretty short. It just seemed like the right place to finish it. Don't worry, this isn't the last chapter. There is more to come still.