Chapter Fourteen - Dedicated

A/N -
I decided that every chapter I'm just going to have whatever song is playing when I'm writing or whatever song I think works well for the chapter as the video so you guys have something to listen to while reading.

Flynn's P.O.V -

"You two are the most beautiful spoons," Evie says to Joseph and Angie. We all laugh.

"Oh god. You've inherited Angie's weirdness."

"I can't've inherited it, Flynn. She would have to die for me to do that."

"Ah, you're right."

We continue to chatter until Mom walks in.

"Hey kids, I'm going to the mall. Want anything?"

"Ooh, can you get me chocolate?" Angie asks.

"I was going to ask you to come with me but alright," she says and laughs.

I glance at Evie and see a sad smile on her face. Whenever my mom is around, she gets like this. It makes me feel lucky that I have her.

"What do you all want for dinner?" Mom asks.

"Pizza?" I suggest. Everyone voices their agreement.

"Bye, love you all!" she calls as she goes out the door.

"Bye Mom!"

"Bye Stacy!"

We casually continue our conversation but I'm getting a weird feeling. I can't shake it. Evie looks on edge too, but she's like that whenever my mom's been near her.

"Okay, what's your favourite kind of fruit?"

"Watermelon, of course!"

"What? Watermelon sucks!"

She seems okay, actually. Maybe I'm just overreacting. I send a quick text to Mom.

Forgot to tell you that we need milk. Also I think Evie's getting more comfortable around you :) Love you Mom x

She doesn't reply. She must still be driving.

"Flynn?" Evie mumbles.

"Yeah?"

"You okay?" Her sky blue eyes stare at me. I don't know why but I get chills.

"I'm fine. Why?"

"I don't know. Just wondering."

Ever since our talk the other day she's been weird like this. I'm kind of scared to ask her about it in case she has another breakdown. That's probably cowardly of me though. I'll talk to her soon. I just need to right moment.

- - -

Evie's P.O.V -

It's late now and Stacy still isn't home. Flynn hasn't brought it up but I can't help but wonder where she is. How long does it take to go shopping and get dinner?

"You look like you're thinking."

"We're all constantly thinking," I reply.

I can hear Angie and Joseph upstairs, playing video games. Flynn and I stayed down here because he can't play.

"You know what I mean."