Chapter twenty-one

Travis's P.O.V.
I stood looking down at the sleeping Zachary lovingly with Katelyn.
And soon the phone rang.
"I'll get it." I whispered to her.
She just nodded, her gaze still fixed on Zachary.
I ran down stairs and grabbed the phone, "Hello?" I answered.
"Hello is Mr.Ro'meave there?" A lady's voice spoke.
"Uhh, no sorry I was babysitting his child for him. He's out at the moment." I said.
"Ok, well can you please pick up Zero and Zoe Ro'meave from school?" The lady asked.
Schools not over for them yet..why would I need to pick them up, "Uh yeah sure, if you don't mind me asking, why do I need to pick them up so early?" I asked.
There was hesitation, "I'm sure they'll tell you." She finally answered.
I didn't push it any farther, "Ok.. I'll be there shortly." I said.
We hung up and I sighed heavily, I ran my fingers through my white hair and stared down at Ender Y/n's dog that sat at my feet. 
He stuck his tongue out and gave me a goofy look, Faith, River and Hawk soon gathered around my feet.
Faith is pretty big now, she's starting to show some grey fur, while River and Hawk are still young and peppy.
I let out a sigh, I was about to go back upstairs to tell Katelyn but she came downstairs.
"I need to go get Zoe and Zero, I'll be back." I promised.
She nodded, lifting up Hawk and snuggling him.
I waved bye and raced to my car, starting it up and driving off to their school.
~~TIME SKIP~~
I jogged into the school, people seemed shooken up, and parents were here taking everyone home.
I went down to the office where a fainted Zero layed and a teary eyed Zoe sat.
Her head immediately turned to me, tears threatened to fall from her eyes.
"Good your here..." The principal I'm guessing of the school said, waiting for my last name.
"Mr.Valcrum." I said.
The principal was a short dark skinned lady, with curly black hair tied up in a bun, she wore a nice dressed and high heels.
"Nice to meet you Mr.Valcrum. You see Zoe and Zero uhh.. well they have injured people at school so we are sending everyone home for the day.
No kid will tell the whole story and the security footage was being fixed over this week and ain't done yet so.. no one knows what happened.. it's very unlike for these two to injure students, do you know of anything going on at home Mr.Valcrum?" She asked me.
I was shocked how she told me Zoe and Zero hurt other kids.
They are super nice kids and are very sweet.. so I shook my head still speechless.
She let out a sigh, "Very well then, I'll have a meeting with their parents when they're back." The principal said.
I nodded, "Thank you so much, uh bye.." I said and turned to Zoe and Zero with a worried face.
Zoe got up silently, I lifted Zero up and carried him in my arms to the car, Zoe walking beside me.
We didn't say anything.
When we got home she hustled to the door shoving it open and without looking she ran into Katelyn's stomach.
Zoe's P.O.V.
I raced out of the car, just wanting to go to my room and scream into my pillow.
Tears streamed out of my eyes, and I didn't look where I was going so I ran right into Katelyn's stomach.
"Woah there kiddo!" She said in her usual sweet voice.
When she saw my face, her kind expression turned into a worried sympathetic one.
"Zoe, what's wrong?" She asked.
I just shoved past her and ran upstairs, into my room and sprang for my bed.
My body slammed against the soft bed and my face stuffed into the blankets, my salty warm tears soaking it.
Travis's P.O.V.
I set Zero on the couch and looked down at Katelyn worriedly.
"What happened?!" She asked.
"I don't know...all the principal said was Zoe and Zero injured kids so everyone was sent home." I said frowning.
She sighed, "...Ill go talk to her.." Katelyn said and began to walk upstairs.
Your P.O.V.
I kept quietly running down the hall deep in the shadows, until I reached a cold metal door.
I peeked in through the crack, there lay Pets child, her lip quivered at the sight of the shard weird object that hung above her, at any moment looking like it could fall.
A few cloaked people stood in the room, two at computers one by a table doing something I couldn't really see.
The cloaked person that wasn't at a computer turned around holding a needle with red liquid inside it.
"Be careful with that stuff, it could kill you if ya touch it." A cloaked person warned.
"I know, but the boss wants it in the baby." The one holding the red liquid said.
"Right right.." the other cloaked person said.
I watched in terror as the cloaked person lowed the sharp needle to Pets child, I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING.
"WAIT!" A cloaked person shouted, making everyone in that room stop and listen.
"The boss has found something in the soul! It has a hint of demon!! We must extract it from her body instead of killing the child!" The cloaked person said quickly standing up,"Really!?! What do we do?!" One asked.
"We meet the boss in the room and she'll explain what to do." The other cloaked person said, leading them to pair of metal doors in the back.
The person holding the needle, set it down beside their child and rushed after the other two people.
As soon as I heard no more footsteps, I rushed into the room careful not to make a sound.
I set my chair down by one of the computers, grabbed the baby and hugged her small body.
Tears pricked the corner of her eyes, but not one tear fell.
She just stared up at me with big sparkly teary dark brown eyes that you could barely see.
I kissed her forehead, and stared down at the needle.
I'm taking it. Definitely.
I grabbed it and ran out of the room, back into the shadows.
Sneaking past the cloaked people that stood on watch, people that wandered around the halls, and people that are on high alert.
A hand was placed on my shoulder in a violent way and out of freight, I stabbed whoever that was with the needle.
And when I turned around a cloaked person stumbled back, scratching at his face in agony, his skin turning red, red like a tomato.
And soon he made gargling sound like he was choking or drowning, then fell to the ground and stopped moving altogether.
He's dead.. I just killed someone.
I was mortified with myself, but there's no point in having regrets and self doubt now, I have to go to the spot a Pet wants me in.
~~TIME SKIP~~
I made it to the spot and I've been waiting there for a while, and soon when I saw the figure of Pet joy struck my face, but it struck hers even more when she saw her daughter bundled up in my arms.
She carefully took her daughter away from my arms, kissing the child all over.
Pet stared down into her daughters eyes for a moment before saying in a quiet whisper, "Mavis."
"Huh?" I questioned back in the same town of voice.
"I'll call her, Mavis." Pet said her gaze still on her daughter which was now named,
Mavis.