Chapter twenty-two

Your P.O.V.
I woke up in my bed, I could only hear myself breathing and the running of water.
I slipped out of bed and walked into my children's room, to make sure they're ok.
And sure enough they were in bed tucked in and sleeping soundly.
I smiled and left them to their slumber.
I checked on Zachary who was also sleeping soundly.
Smiling, I walked back into the bedroom, my face having a flash of red run across it, Zane with only a short towel wrapped around his waist stood in the room.
His hair was soaked and the water droplets fell on him.
He smiled down at me.
"Your awake, I got the kids in bed, and well..Pets in the guest room." Zane said and began to take the towel off to get dressed.
I was used to this by now, to see his bare body, (why do I keep doing this to my stories!?! IM DEAD INSIDE!!)
But I can't help but blush whenever I do see him like this.
He slipped on some boxers and pajama pants.
"I'm tired.. it's been along day.. and I'm just glad to have you back in my arms." He yawned, crawling under the covers.
"I'm glad to be in here and not... in the chair... not with Esmeralda..." I said making a shiver run up my spine.
Just saying her name was enough to make me wanna tremble and collapse on to the ground.
Zane looked up at me with a concerned look.
I shook my head and began to remove my clothes to get my pajamas on.
When I took my my shirt however, Zane gasped and was soon at the edge of the bed.
The pointe dot the scars and burns on my back and arms.
"They tortured you..." he said under his breath, his eyes wide with fear.
I nodded tears now pricked my eyes.
He soon surprised me with a hug, "I won't ever let anyone lay a finger on you again.and if they do.. they.will.regret it." Zane hissed .
I hugged back, how I've missed him in my arms, missed his eyes, his hair ,his warmth and his personality towards me that everything will be fine, or he'll make it fine.
When we separated from our hug I went back to stripping down.
When I did, I caught a glimpse of a gesture that made be blush.
Zane licked his lips looking up and down at my bare body well, my back faced him so he got what he could see.
I quickly slipped on, panties, short shorts and a tank top.
I crawled under the covers and snuggled up to Zane's bare chest, letting my head rest on it.
I drifted off into what seemed like a dreamless night...
But then I had a nightmare.
~~NIGHTMARE!!~~
Why am I crying?
Why...
My tears were like volcanos erupting form my eyes.
I soon realized I was tired down to a cold metal chair, I struggled and struggled trying to break myself free.
"There's no use struggling~" purred the voice of Esmeralda.
It was darkness all around me.. I couldn't see where she was..
If she was here at all that is.
Her voice echoed and bounced off of walls I'm guessing that were around me.
"What left do you have to struggle for?~ your husband is dead, your siblings are dead, friends are dead, family is dead.
Your the only one left to actually be alive isn't that pitiful!~" she said with an evil laugh at the end.
It made me grit my teeth.
I tried to scream and yell, to argue with the voice but, it's like someone or something was choking me!
I wanted to scratch at my neck but my tied down arms prevented me to do so.
"I'm surprised you didn't have the strength to rip out of the bands and kill me when you watched me slaughter all of them, one, by, one!~" she said laughing maniacally.
I understand now why I'm crying.
"Now, there's no need for you, so I shall slaughter you. Then you can be with your husband." She said and a darkened figure I could barley make out was stepping towards me.
My eyes widened when they stood directly in front of me.
And object clearly in hand.
"Goodbye, project 204." Said the figure, which was defiantly Esmeralda.
My eyes widened as the object she gripped jabbed through my heart, making me have a long suffering.
The blood spewed out of me making pools of it around me.
I could see the figure smirk before disappearing.
~~END OF NIGHTMARE!~~
I woke up screaming and sweating.
My screaming made Zane who slept beside me bolt right up.
"What's wrong!?!" He asked now worried sick.
I looking into his icy blue eyes.
He's not dead.
It was just a stupid nightmare.
My eyes began to let streams of tears come out of it even though I thought I felt fine.
I was not fine.
I am terrified.
Zane hugged me, pulling me to his chest.
"I-I had.. a nightm-mare.." I said in between sobs.
He rubbed circles on my back, "It's ok.. it was just a stupid dream, nothing more.
It isn't real. You have me right here, so everything will be fine. Ok?" Zane said making me feel better.
My lip quivered when I tried to smile or speak.
So I just kept hugging Zane and he kept hugging me.
We hugged each other until I fell asleep in his arms.
This time the night was kind to me.
I don't think I could've handled another nightmare like that tonight anyway.
Irean no.