Chapter 17

Evan's POV

"Dude, where were you Saturday night?" James asks me. "I was just out," I lie. "You're lying," he smirks. "No, I was just out," I chuckle.

"Yes, you were just out with her," he smirks. "Yeah, I was. There isn't any difference right?"

"Of course there's a difference. Are you guys together or what?" he asks smirking. I just stare at him with one eyebrow raised.

"That means yes," he chuckles. I just smirk and turn around. "I have to go," I say. "Yeah, course you have. Say hi to Vanessa from me," he laughs.

I walk down the hall and see her standing by her locker with Lora. I go towards them and I stand behind Vanessa. I give her a poke in the ribs. She giggles and turns towards me. "Hi," she smiles. "Hey," I say. I lean in to kiss her and then she leans back. I look at her confused and she turns back to Lora.

"Ehm, Lora, I'll see you in class. I have to talk to him," she says to her. "Okay, see you there," Lora says.

She turns back to me and drags me to the janitor's closet. "What was that?" I ask chuckling. "I'm sorry, I just... I haven't told her about us yet," she says. "Why?" I ask. "I don't know. We're only together since two days ago. Should we already tell people?" she says.

"I don't know," I shrug. Shouldn't we? I mean, we're together and my feelings for her are sincere, so what is holding her back?

"Well, I don't know either," she says to me. I guess we should. I mean... Our feelings towards each other are sincere. Or are you questioning that? I want to ask her, but I decide against it.

"Maybe, it's okay if we keep it to ourselves for a while," I tell her. "Okay," she slightly smiles at me. I kiss her cheek quickly and then I open the door. I quickly look if nobody is there and when the coast is clear, we walk out of the janitor's closet.

We walk next to each other and there is an awkward silence. I want to hold her hand, caress her cheek and tell her everything is going to be okay. I know that she's kind of unsure about us, but she has no reason to be. I don't know how she thinks about it but... I'm not scared to tell everybody that she's mine.

The bell rings and she holds my forearm. "I'll see you later Evan," slightly smiles. "Yeah, later," I say with no emotion in my voice. I know that she noticed the change of emotion in my voice. "Evan, I..."

"We'll talk about it later okay?" I tell, interrupting her. "Okay," she whispers. She turns around and goes to her class.

I didn't want to be rude to her or something. I just don't understand her right now.

The first part of the day is over and it's finally lunchtime. I sit with the boys as usual and I glare at Ness. She's sitting with Lora and a few other girls who I don't remember the name of. They're laughing and smiling and I just can't stop looking at her. I hope that she's not upset with me for being so hard on her.

The day passes by fast and it's time for practice. I go to the locker rooms. Like usual nobody is already here. I sit down on the bench and I sigh. I haven't talk to her all day. Even not in Science class when we're actually sitting next to each other. I don't get why we can't be us in front of everyone else. It's our business, nobody else's.

I sigh again. "I really have to stop thinking so much," I say to myself. I stand up and I put on my practice clothes on. When I'm finished, I turn around and I see her standing in the door opening.

"Hey," I smle at her. "Hi," she says. She comes towards me with her hands in her back pockets. "I'm sorry if I said something wrong earlier today," she whispers to me.